I just spent the weekend crewing on The Essence School’s Warrior Rising retreat. It was excellent: Living As Essence.
I walked into an initiation without hearing about the intent of it as I was in the kitchen, I later found out it was Pain to Power. The premise was you paired up with someone and shared the essence that empowered your life force and of they saw you were not present to it they pushed you to the extent you had agreed to on a scale from zero to ten, zero being no touch and ten being full-on. I chose five as I felt that was about what I could take and deliver from my 65-year-old body. I started with the essence of Resilience and with each blow got to see that there was more to it, by the end it had become: Resilience, Power, Unstoppability and Strength. During another exercise, it morphed into Unstoppable Resilience.
There are simple truths we sometimes misinterpret as uncalled for pain, here they are:
1. The route to your destination is never a straight one – We take questionable turns and get lost.
2. Real friends won’t ask you to changes who you are – The right people for you will love all the things about you that the wrong people are intimidated by, and they will empower you in them.
3. Cheating is a choice, not a mistake, and not an excuse – They trusted you much more that you deserve.
4. The past can’t hurt you anymore – not unless you let it – Forgive and move on.
5. Adversity will come to every person at some point – You can’t change the hand you were dealt, just how you play it.
6. Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together – When things fall apart, consider the possibility that life knocked it down on purpose.
7. Someone else doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right – Keep an open mind. The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you didn’t know.
8. Everything has just been the way it needed to be – In life, we do lots of things. All of these things, positive and negative have taught us important lessons.
9. Silence is often the loudest cry – Sometimes what a person needs most is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
10. The difference between where you are and where you want to be is what you do – What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.
11. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not – Judging yourself is not the same as boing honest with yourself.
12. Right Now is the only moment guaranteed to you – Smile through the hard times, even though it doesn’t seem to get any better.
There should be some great quotes on overcoming pains, lets have a look:
1. Back to the Ancient Roman Empire for this one, The first major Roman poet to begin his career during the reign of Augustus, Ovid is today best known for the Metamorphoses, a 15-book continuous mythological narrative written in the meter of epic, and for works in elegiac couplets such as Ars Amatoria (“The Art of Love”) and Fasti. His poetry was much imitated during Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages, and greatly influenced Western art and literature. The Metamorphoses remains one of the most important sources of classical mythology.
2. We don’t use the ordinary moments of our days to tell as dinner stories when we overcame something: Moments.
3. And stronger!!!
4. A classic of the pain to power genre: I Want You To Hit Me.
5. Sing the Light Electric, free yourself.
6. Push me harder from your friendship: I Stand Alone.
7. Deaf and blind from the age of 19 months, Helen Keller definitely has the right to speak about this. She was a suffragette, pacifist, radical socialist, and a birth control supporter.
8. It is all fuel: Blank Space.
9. It never ever lasts forever.
10. Insert your word in this for God, Gaia, The Universe, Allah, The Buddha whatever takes your fancy: Bring Me To Life.
11. In the overcoming of it, there lies the growth.
12. For Joy, insert Power: Roar.
13. Lord Byron, was an English poet, peer, and politician who became a revolutionary in the Greek War of Independence, and is considered one of the historical leading figures of the Romantic movement of his era.
14. There’s a fine line between…: Pleasure and Pain.
15. And our final powerful lesson for today comes from Private Benjamin, AKA actress Goldie Hawn.
So just live, make mistakes, make memories, and take chances. That is how I am spreading my ethos around the planet, if you need a reminder it is Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included.
The playlist for today is kickass rock and pop divas, from zero to ten in styles. We begin with Tove Lo, some Spoken word from The Fight Club, then we rock out with Godsmack. Taylor Swift takes us back to the world of pop. Evanescence then powers it back up. Penultimate is more pop from Kate Perry. We finish with one of my favourite Aussie rock anthems by the Diviynls: Don’t count the days, make the days count.
Remember you can get my blogs direct to your email by registering on the right-hand side of my page. Until we meet again, my dear friends.