This quote finishes with the following – ” There are no two people alike. No two people who understand the same sentence the same way…So in dealing with people, you try not to fit them in with your concept of what they should be.”
I relate this to the fact we are all born with a Superpower to gift to the planet but over time we are trained out of them to fit into society. Remember as a child when you ran around enacting them, what happened? I think we go through a period where we forget it, and at some stage in our lives many of us take the actions to recover them, this may not be an easy path but it is truly worthwhile.
My superpower is to have Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included to be present in interactions, on the person to person level to a world scale. I was at an event on the weekend helping set up when a woman asked me to help unpack her car. I was called to ask her what was her superpower, she replied she hadn’t really thought about it. This woman helps create the largest women’s gathering in my home state of Victoria if not Australia. So it sort of shocked me that she did not see this as a superpower as I imagine the 3,000 plus women who attend the event certainly would.
I have found my friend Marc Chernoff’s list 12 Things you should be able to say about Yourself useful in having mine present on a daily basis, here it is:
- I am following my heart and intuition.
- I am proud of myself.
- I am making a difference.
- I am happy and grateful.
- I am growing into the best version of me.
- I am making my time count.
- I am honest with myself.
- I am good to those I care about.
- I know what unconditional love feels like.
- I have forgiven those who once hurt me.
- I take full accountability for my life.
- I have no regrets.
So what does society say about our superpowers, let’s have a look:
2. Lena overcame the colour and sex barrier that has existed in the comedy industry in America for eons to win an Emmy for her writing.
2. It is said that the minute you become a parent, your superpowers multiply tenfold, the above quote supports that: Baby Bielanko.
3. This is what Sylvester wrote about the journey: After being ejected as collateral via my parent’s breakup; After being lied to, cheated on and subtracted from all equations of love; I determined that things were not adding up any more. I knew that I deserved to be loved every day, not only with words but with actions. I found a great deal of power in learning about love. I had been confused this whole time as I believed what we were all taught to believe as children – that love was something you find inside of another person. This journey allowed me to heal, forgive and accelerate my life towards love. Our journeys have different titles but we are all out here walking together toward the same goal. People with different skin tones, speech variations and socio-economic status all deserve love. This is The Dear Queen Journey: A Path To Self Love.
4. How could I write on Superpowers without using a Stan Lee quote: Stan.
5. And this is when your superpowers are most powerful.
6. The superpower of true Love: Unconditional Love.
7. This is very rarely thought of being a superpower that is needed but is incredibly powerful for the kids involved.
8. Pharrell did it with this amazing song he wrote: Happy.
9. It’s not in the wearing of a cape.
10. Mahatma points out why we need our superpower at times: I Stand Alone.
11. As I said my superpower is Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included, What’s Yours?
12. From one of the people using her superpower for the good of the planet at the moment: Thinking Outside The Box.
13. For your superpower, you get to write the manual.
14. Stan reveals the answer to what is the greatest superpower: Get Lucky.
15. And for the final lesson, is who give our superpower purpose, look in the mirror!!!
Life is not complicated, We are complicated. When we stop doing the wrong things and start using our superpower to do the right things, life becomes simple.
The playlist begins with today’s unknown artist Monica BieLanko then some Eminem. Donna Summer and Pharrell Williams lift the mood in the next two numbers. Godsmack squeezes out some hard rock before the penultimate number by Ben Lee, finishing with the funk of Daft Punk: Every Person’s Map of the World is Unique as Their Thumbprint!!
So, I have revealed my superpower to you. In having you ponder yours I am sure that mine: Love and Respect For All, Everybody Included will make a huge difference on the planet with the support of whatever you reveal for yourselves. Until we meet again, my dear friends.