I’ve got a new friend, actually she is an old friend who become a lover for a period of time. We had been friends for ages, a little bit distant at times but had become closer in the past year that had grown onto a three month affair and then it ended. I tried to hold on and then one day realised if I did not agree that it was over it all would be, the friendship, everything. You do not find close friendships that easily, or I haven’t found this easy to do, so I returned to the status of being close friends.
Why do you keep friends who you classify as close around? Well, here are the reasons I kept this friend around: She is faithful to me, she believes in me when I don’t believe in myself, she doesn’t buy my bullshit, she asks me what am I feeling and listens and expects the same of me, she enjoys my company and I enjoy hers, and tells me what she will not put up with.
So how has society related to friendships over the centuries, I’m sure that it goes back to the start of history, let’s have a look:
1. And they really want to.
2. My friend loyally stuck in there until I came to my senses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCQGnVrTsAM
3. My friend is a woman of faith, this is for you.
4. You can tell them about your nightmares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIS-RuoZxCI&list=PLahlcCtGIBvjZidRBlzpqyLN2mntGJPl9&index=12
5. I fit into this category, slightly cracked, Thank you.
6. Not sure if I agree with all of this, I think friends allow you to cry as much as you need to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cizgXSegrko
7. John Hay was either a U.S. secretary of State or an Australian academic, neither was well known for writing quotes.
8. We live on opposite sides of town, yet never apart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHBT7wjqVI
9. There are times you need to do this for your friends, when they forget what friends are for.
10. Dual weirdo alert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL41kS5OFxQ
11. Marcel is one of my favourite philosophers.
12. And can sit in silence as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg
13. I find it is on the way back after having had a great time with your friend.
14. I know this, I nearly lost it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlPhMPnQ58k&list=PLE6nCASEBsgD6HSVUjaKKa0a0h0XK3aGR
15. Thanks for doing this, and restoring my feelings.
To you my friends, I honour your insight, wisdom and friendship.
People have told me to use my words but I like my Friends Marc and Angel Chernoff’s lists, here is a list of questions your close friends would ask you:
- What do you need to spend less time doing?
- What makes you feel comfortable?
- What’s something simple that makes you smile?
- What would you regret not fully doing ,being, or having in your life?
- When you’re ninety years old, what will matter to you most?
- The best part of waking up, is?
- What’s one thing you love about your life?
- What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?
- What’s something you look forward to almost every day?
- What’s something that makes you feel instantly better?
The playlist today cover most of the decades from the 70’s. We begin with the Friends Theme song, then back to the 70’s with James Taylor. Dianna Krall coves a Julie London classic next, then Dionne Warwick and her friends do that song. Then two old songs, Bob Marley first then a cover by Disturbed. We finish with Maroon 5: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrtOCwYP1pbvpd6apSJTsShV
My aim is to have all the people of the earth be friends. I have created a tribe, Thriving People – People who want to make a difference to Humanity, 1,000,000 taking on the ethos Love and Respect for All – Everyone Included, you can join us here: https://bit.ly/2ERbjc9. Until we meet again my dear friends.