Lockdown number three in my hometown of Melbourne, Australia, bummer. Only 5 days this time, but the dreaded stage four: 5 kilometres and four reasons to leave your home. Even for that short period of time it severely effected two musician friends of mine earnings, they had to cancel their main income making events for the month. When contacted bt them I offered the first to keep the money and send me a download and the second I gave a donation to because she sent us a download for being on her dance crew.
These people keep our hearts open and alive and I am so willing to support them when life gets in their way as this five day hiatus has. I have been a Patreon contributor for over two years for two other friends and Amanda fucking Palmer. This is an excellent way of contributing to people who use these funds to do the work they need to do in the manner that allows them to be most creative. So over time how has the world looked at creativity, lets take a walk down that path:
- Musicians impress me in the fact that they are willing to do this for days.
2. There has been no one like you on this planet before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIj4ojGFdDY
3. Maya knows best.
4. Rain and art, two useful cleansers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGB59HuKu-I
5. Being good is enemy number one – Pablo.
6. Being emotive brings out your creativity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM&list=PL9A6W9rJ8TCvgGp2wo8IXenyGHqw-v_B7
7. Creativity is a unique form of breath-work.
8. Pablo was as much a philosopher as an artist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2iLAubras
9. Why would you need one if your life is art?
10. An essential part of your daily diet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U
11. Art is made up of all colours, or not.
12. He nearly did with that mustache: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6T97kHjKiY
13. A fun creativity list to live life from, Yummy!!
14. Lailah Gifty Akita is enthusiastic inspirational writer, born in Accra, Ghana. She is the author of ‘The Alphabet of Success’ , ‘ Think Great,Be Great; Beautiful Quotes Volume 1 and ‘The Wings of Hope:Survivor’. She is passionate about empowering the mind of young people to fulfill greatest mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RTRjj7Jmw
15. It is in the eye of the beholder.
So we have the opportunity to be creative day to day, here is a list of questions to ask yourself each Sunday as to how you went:
- What did I learn last week?
- What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week?
- Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why?
- What’s the number one thing I need to accomplish this week?
- What can I do right now to make the week less stressful?
- What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the coming week?
- What was last weeks biggest time sink?
- Am I carrying any excess baggage into the upcoming week that can be dropped?
- What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
- What opportunities are still on the table?
- is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to?
- Is there anyone that deserves a big thankyou?
- How can I help someone else this coming week?
- What are my top three goals for the next three years?
- Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
- What’s the next step for each goal?
- What am I looking forward to during the coming week?
- What are my fears?
- What am I most grateful for?
- If I knew I had only one week to live, who would I spend my time with?
Take thirty minutes every Sunday and give yourself the gift of self-reflection.
Today’s playlist is not a playlist, it is seven songs because YouTube is playing up: We begin with a new pop diva to me named Lenka. We then go back in time to 10CC. Sia is great next, then two bands, Modern Lovers and Katrina and the Waves. We finish with two international numbers by Mecano and Kuami Eugene.
So we have many opportunities in our lives to give to others, to me give and you will receive helping my world ethos of Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included spread to the other 46 countries it has not been read in. Here is the link to join our Facebook group – Thriving People: People who wish to make a difference to Humankind: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949
Until we meet again, my dear friends.