I really like the quote in today’s Forward Steps – the fantastic book compiled by Thea Westra: The link to her site. that allows you to take an action, a challenge, read a motivational quote, take a clearing, answer a question and have an affirmation for the day.
The quote is as follows:
I love the phrase: ‘In a world that’s round, it doesn’t make sense to take sides’. So with skills I do not have to position myself against anyone, I become curious about them and I want to teach them about me. When I approach communication and conflict management from that place< I am not butting heads with anyone, I am learning or teaching: Dr Rhoberta Shaler.
To relate to the world in this way seems to me to be an act of boldness, not to but into the run of mill way we are expected to live our day to day existence. How do you relate to boldness, there are some famous quotes on the subject, let’s have a look at them:
1. My friend and Anam Cara Emeli always reminds me to use the koan: remember to ask, the worst thing they can say is no.
2. They say one is the loneliest number you will ever know, I say only if it’s about you and you do not provide service to others: One.
3. Here’s the most famous quote on boldness, the one most people can finish when someone starts it.
4. Have it in your muesli every morning: Bold.
5. Dumas won the Pulitzer Prize for history for his six-volume history of Franklin, Critics accuse him of sheathing his boldness when it comes to the well-known relationship Franklin had with his slave Sally Hemings.
6. If you are going to make mistakes make them bold ones, they allow you to recover in a more audacious way: Space Oddity.
7. George definitely did this in his own life. Shaw’s expressed views were often contentious; he promoted eugenics and alphabet reform and opposed vaccination and organised religion. He courted unpopularity by denouncing both sides in the First World War as equally culpable.
8. The latter statement could be called the day your Boldness is born: You are Alive.
9. I just had to include this one.
10. Reminds me of the statement about baby birds, they jump off and learn to fly on the way down: I’ll Fly Away.
11. Neither does boldness!!
12. Not knowing what Chamba meant I looked it up. It’s a district in India according to Google, don’t know what it’s got to do with bad business. But I love how he states success can be achieved: Changes.
13. These are becoming more and more a part of my life as I enter the world of boldness through self-love and self-belief.
14. For each traveller they are a different love story, we get to be who we want to be in new and wonderful places that are just a name on the map until we get there: Gypsy.
15. And a friendly reminder what not being bold can cost you.
The clearing for today is Decide on actions, and with as much clarity and boldness as possible. Time to act on these decisions.
Music for today begins with one of Australia’s icons: John Farnham, then rapper Lil Lonnie, the masterful David Bowie, new to me Fragma, the superb Gillian Welch, from the land of movies Shrek and finishes with pop diva Shakira.
Namaste until next time , my dear friends.