After doing 9 transformational workshops in 2018 it has been a bit quiet on that front this year. Just my first stop year-long training Warriors of Love with the Essence School: For your edification up until now. I have completed a one-day vulnerability workshop and the amazing Awakening Connections. Level Two in the past two weeks. Both provided a new level of being alive. Here is the mission of Awakening Connections:
I spent the weekend at three entirely different connections in my life. Friday night I made chai at Dancing Freedom, Saturday I crewed on a Spring Chant Meditation and Sunday I attended Sunday Assembly. Each fulfils a different part of my soul and the people come from completely different parts of society.
I believe the more parts of society I have contact with it helps me able to strengthen my resolve to see the ethos, Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included become accepted across the planet. I am working on the Act Local, Think Global principle. I live in the Darebin Council area in Melbourne, Australia where there are over 150 different cultural groups residing and volunteer at the Darebin Intercultural Centre where differences are Acknowledged, Explored, Understood and Embraced.
How has the world look at connecting in this time of world leaders talking about nationalism vs, Globalism and the difference which of these being dominant will make to human beings connecting with each other? Lets have a look over time:
1. From Hollywood, the land of fables comes this wise insight regarding human connection.
2. Jacqueline is an entrepreneur who left the banking industry to make a difference in the area of global poverty: We are all Connected.
3. In our instant gratification times, we can easily miss the message of deep connection.
4. The We are all Starseed conversation: Across The Universe.
5. It can be as simple as eyes locking across a crowded room at a party.
6. Harvey grew up openly gay at a time when very few celebrities were. So to have the above be true he must have had a strong belief in universal connection: You’ve Got A Friend.
7. Hip Hop artist Dramatik of the Wolves speaks about the mind, body and soul connection we make with certain individuals we come across in our life journey.
8. Don’t really know what Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg . is referring to here, although I know I have connected to quite a few people on a deep level across the airwaves: So Far Away.
9. I agree, if you can discuss your shadow and light with your connections, they tend to be more intimate than just making polite conversation.
10. Our roots are our common humanity: Human.
11. Connection isn’t always about spoken words, it may be a shoulder to cry on.
12. And then there is the special one: We Found Love.
13. One World.
14. John is known for his work on marital stability and relationship analysis through scientific direct observations, many of which were published in peer-reviewed literature. The lessons derived from this work represent a partial basis for the relationship counselling movement that aims to improve relationship functioning and the avoidance of those behaviours shown by Gottman and other researchers to harm human relationships: Steady Love.
15. And our final lesson is from Steve Maraboli, I spend my time on how to make all relationships like this. Imagine that world paradigm.
A short blog today, Dancing Freedom fuels my body transformation connection. Chanting my heart connection and Sunday Assembly my desire to connect to humanity through service.
Today’s playlist begins with one of the most unusual songs I have used, it is a group of scientists known as Symphony of Science. Then a cover by Rufus Wainwright followed by two songs by Carole King and James Taylor where they reverse roles. The beautiful anthem by Rag N Bone Man is next, the penultimate song is by Rihanna and we complete with the golden voice of India Arie: Take Time To Connect To The Divine.
A dear friend who passed way to early, said that Love was the Answer. I agree, the more we communicate it the closer we will get to having Love and Respect For All, Everybody Included in all our relationships. Remember, if you wish to receive a reminder about when I have done my latest blog, sign up on the right-hand side. Until we meet again, my dear friends.
You find that some days you have to do things that mean you have to let go of your intentions and do things that don’t fit on your to-do list. How many times do you do this, I had to do one this morning, I was meant to teach English but I had a severe cold so not wanting to make my students suffer a cold as well, I called them and cancelled the classes. I really enjoy teaching Bing and Julie but realised that infecting a father and a mother was not something I should do.
I’m going to send them emails with classes they can do during the week. So how do we do things that are not fitting in our daily necessities? How has society learnt to let go of the things that don’t fit in the necessary to-do lists?
1. Crying is one thing that doesn’t come up a lot, but as Jennifer says its one of the best things you can do.
2. It’s the impossible dream: The Impossible Dream.
3. Letting go of you, that is who you are forgiving.
4. Letting go of things that are no longer good for you: Let It Go.
5. The past is where they belong, your problems that is!!
6. Have you found yourself recently?: Love Myself.
7. Do you question why it didn’t work out, Winna suggests you do.
8. It Is Us, Not hummus, So Right: This Is Me.
9. Not everybody can unfurl their fingers.
10. Buddha was a wise, wise man: Just The Way You Are.
11. I just liked this photo.
12. As an empath, you get to hold all the emotions: Emotions.
13. Remembering that word, Fear!!
14. I met my inner child last week, twice: Sweet Dreams
15. There are times I cannot let the memories go.
So letting go covered many different ways of relating to it. Today’s playlist goes back to the 1970s with the King, Elvis. Then we move onto the musical, Frozen. We visit a pop diva, Hailee Steinfeld next. More musical tunes from the Greatest Showman cast. Bruno Mars follows. The penultimate number is the famous Mariah Carey and we finish with the Eurythmics: You Will Find It Necessary To Let It Go.
So we read my ethos as our final lesson for the day: Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included. That’s what I hold as the final statement for the day. Until we meet again, my dear friends.
I really like the quote in today’s Forward Steps – the fantastic book compiled by Thea Westra: The link to her site. that allows you to take an action, a challenge, read a motivational quote, take a clearing, answer a question and have an affirmation for the day.
The quote is as follows:
I love the phrase: ‘In a world that’s round, it doesn’t make sense to take sides’. So with skills I do not have to position myself against anyone, I become curious about them and I want to teach them about me. When I approach communication and conflict management from that place< I am not butting heads with anyone, I am learning or teaching: Dr Rhoberta Shaler.
To relate to the world in this way seems to me to be an act of boldness, not to but into the run of mill way we are expected to live our day to day existence. How do you relate to boldness, there are some famous quotes on the subject, let’s have a look at them:
1. My friend and Anam Cara Emeli always reminds me to use the koan: remember to ask, the worst thing they can say is no.
2. They say one is the loneliest number you will ever know, I say only if it’s about you and you do not provide service to others: One.
3. Here’s the most famous quote on boldness, the one most people can finish when someone starts it.
4. Have it in your muesli every morning: Bold.
5. Dumas won the Pulitzer Prize for history for his six-volume history of Franklin, Critics accuse him of sheathing his boldness when it comes to the well-known relationship Franklin had with his slave Sally Hemings.
6. If you are going to make mistakes make them bold ones, they allow you to recover in a more audacious way: Space Oddity.
7. George definitely did this in his own life. Shaw’s expressed views were often contentious; he promoted eugenics and alphabet reform and opposed vaccination and organised religion. He courted unpopularity by denouncing both sides in the First World War as equally culpable.
8. The latter statement could be called the day your Boldness is born: You are Alive.
9. I just had to include this one.
10. Reminds me of the statement about baby birds, they jump off and learn to fly on the way down: I’ll Fly Away.
11. Neither does boldness!!
12. Not knowing what Chamba meant I looked it up. It’s a district in India according to Google, don’t know what it’s got to do with bad business. But I love how he states success can be achieved: Changes.
13. These are becoming more and more a part of my life as I enter the world of boldness through self-love and self-belief.
14. For each traveller they are a different love story, we get to be who we want to be in new and wonderful places that are just a name on the map until we get there: Gypsy.
15. And a friendly reminder what not being bold can cost you.
The clearing for today is Decide on actions, and with as much clarity and boldness as possible. Time to act on these decisions.
Music for today begins with one of Australia’s icons: John Farnham, then rapper Lil Lonnie, the masterful David Bowie, new to me Fragma, the superb Gillian Welch, from the land of movies Shrek and finishes with pop diva Shakira.
Namaste until next time , my dear friends.
I was about to continue reading Danielle LaPorte’s magnificent book White Hot Truth when I discovered I had finished it and what remained was the index, I loved this book so much I considered reading it anyway. here is a link to Danielle’s page so you can get this book: Clarity for your life. I have been choosing subjects out of the book for my blogs as I have been reading it over the last couple of weeks. In the last few pages Danielle talks about Self-Compassion, I love this subject so that is what we will discuss today. Let’s walk down this sacred path:
1. I am in a year long training program called the Activators training program which is to have you live from Essence during your days. Katie’s quote relates to what we practice on a daily basis.
2. Why is this happening to me? I was discussing how does one have integrity with my mentor yesterday and this subject came up. That how powerfully you could be in the moment was your level of integrity: Divinity.
3. At times in our life we need to be sad, angry even extremely pissed off. And yes, that is good for us.
4. Coco Chanel used to talk about wearing more than one string of pearls. Why wear one if you can wear two, or something to that effect. I think that one string of pearls is just fine. But that’s because my pearls are black, hers were white. How many strings of self compassion pearls are you willing to grant yourself: String of Pearls
5. Do you feel that, the rising of the sun within’s rays. That’s called transformation.
6. Time to be that goody two shoes you have always wanted to be. Service, Kindness, Love, Generosity, etc.etc.etc: Try.
7. Activators, this is your lesson for today.
8. Big hug for yourself, make sure you have given consent: Pretty Hurts.
9. Set your controls for the heart of the sun. no hold on, turn around and set them for your heart.
10. You, yourself, the face in the mirror, the one they are talking too, they’re included: Seeing the Goodness.
11. I am always talking to myself, I think everybody does. it takes something to turn that voice down. Be it a daily meditation practice like loving kindness, I find that having a practice changes the quality of the message to self love.
12. Getting to know and accepting yourself, beautiful: F**king Perfect.
13. Gautama Buddha (c. 563 BCE/480 BCE – c. 483 BCE/400 BCE), also known as Siddhārtha Gautama , Shakyamuni Buddha or simply the Buddha, after the title of Buddha, was an ascetic (śramaṇa) and sage, on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in the eastern part of ancient India sometime between the sixth and fourth centuries.
Gautama taught a Middle Way between sensual indulgence and the severe asceticism found in the śramaṇa movement common in his region.
14. Time to accept so you can create space for something else, your life is worth a great deal more than that perceived negative thought you just had: Firework.
15. Remember having to take permission slips to school when you went on school excursions. Guess what, It’s your turn to write them for yourself, make them beautiful.
As Danielle finishes her book – May your beauty dawn on you. May your pure faith light the way. May all be so blessed. And hey… slow down if you need to, but don’t ever stop.
Namaste until next time my dear friends
I think it’s sad that what we get to see what is happening around the world is war and mayhem reported as news by mainstream media. Why is is it that the great deeds of giving of time and acts of bravery not concerned with killing another human being are not deemed to be newsworthy. What is is that we allow our soul to see on a day to day basis and how do we interpret it, let’s go on that journey:
1. What did Gandhi see on that day he declared in English controlled India we shall be free when there was no evidence for this? What is your vision for your life? Mine is Love and Respect for all, Everyone Included.
2. All of us learn throughout our lives. It starts from the day we are born. It is now recognised that the early years of life are the most important for learning. That’s when the foundations for the future are laid, and when we begin moving down the path that will take us through childhood, the teenage years and ultimately into adulthood. So it takes something to see with new eyes, do you have the strength to do it?: New Eyes.
3. When you sight sees hatred and racism and sexism and agrees that that is what is happening you have lost contact with any religious leaders vision for the planet. because they were disciples of love before we labelled them and stuffed it up.
4. What do you see? Is it the same thing as when you were an innocent child. How often do you get in contact with your inner child. have you forgotten their name?: Hello. Is is me you’re looking for?
5. Lucky for society in regard to the man who said this some people were seeing.
6. John Kabat-Zinn is one of the great doyens of mindfulness. here he is speaking on its benefits: 3 Minutes.
7. How often are we amazed as we get older, perhaps we have stopped doing this.
8. Punks, Bikers, Tattoo wearers, we all know what that means don’t we? Have we stopped seeing life in new and wondrous ways? I say we return to the great wisdom: Beyond Appearances.
9. I am the world’s most crap photographer. I agree with this statement wholeheartedly. Then there is my friend Jac Price, she is extraordinary, here her FB page : Your World In Pictures.
10. Sight is granted to the majority of human beings, unfortunately, it does not come with the added requirement of wisdom for many: The Song of Wisdom.
11. Wouldn’t this be a remarkable way to relate to the people in your life, frigging amazing!!
12. Self-explanatory really.
13.Rumi , also known as Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī (Persian: جلالالدین محمد رومی), Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī (جلالالدین محمد بلخى), Mawlānā/Mevlânâ (مولانا, “our master”), Mevlevî/Mawlawī insightful words are as poignant now as they were 700 years ago when they were first written.
14. We often blame the rain for our shitty moods, on what we see and say on those days that the weather is not so sunny. A bit pathetic really: I can see clearly Now.
15. Long’s teaching focuses on freeing the individual from unhappiness which he defined as ‘happy today, unhappy tomorrow’. He stated that this fluctuating condition is set in motion and maintained by an addiction to thoughts and the emotions they create. These emotions encourage other thoughts and so a vicious cycle is initiated. We are trapped in this cycle, he suggested, until we follow “the way of truth”. It includes:
- constant vigilance in observation of one’s thoughts, emotions, and actions;
- meditation to still the mind and connect with life within i.e. what “I” call “me”; “feeling the well-being in the body”;
- being, without thought; the next step on from meditation;
- getting your life right, taking action in those areas of your life which disturb you because something is wrong.
Do you believe that everything you see is the truth, why is your truth more relevant that the other 7,000,000,000 million truths on the planet? Have a think about that?
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
I have recently been getting a lot of articles in my News Feed about how the education system is letting our children down, that they learn very few practical skills for later in life and definitely do not look at what are you passionate about. When they begin at the age of four or so they are astronauts Prime Ministers, League footballers, Rock Stars but this is soon crushed out of them as impractical and everybody is taught from the same book.
So how do we get our Passion back? For me it was a journey of lots of workshops, long periods of mental health issues, running marathons, drug taking , singing in choirs etc. I found it attending a film night at the end of my last period of Mental Health issues. A Colombian film at the Darebin Intercultural Centre in Preston, Victoria, Australia I was impressed by the sense of community. I asked if I could volunteer and that is when my love of Interculturalism began. Here are the links to the Facebook group I created called Interculturalism, a place people can post their examples of the ethos, Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included Interculturalism.
I have chosen 15 quotes on Passion and of course, one of them is from Oprah, here we go.
!. Oprah, loved or hated. I’m part of the former group. A newsreader who has created an empire based on possibility and sharing it. One passionate individual.
2. It is said that your dreams often reveal your passion in life to you. I have been remembering mine more and more lately and it looks like it includes travel.
3. I recently posted that Ghandi, Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa had the same 24 hours as we did. What made the difference is their level of passion, I think. My brother went ape-shit at it, is saying I was being arrogant. Not arrogant, passionate.
4. I receive a post called The Daily Flame from my friend Lissa Rankin who I met in Byron Bay. My friends think I write it. It is empowering your Inner Pilot Light, her latest book is about it The Fear Cure. If your Inner Pilot Light is aflame people will notice.
5. Beauty is one thing that attracts our attention. It interrupts the mundane. How to transform the mundane into beauty is live a life of passion fulfilling your dreams.
6. Passion begins now. You don’t have to know how it s going to be fulfilled, that’s called perfectionism , one of life’s booby prizes.
7. I find that as I get into filling my life with things I am passionate about this rings true. Don’t know about no sleep though. A different time and space continuum I’m thinking.
8. Deepak Chopra, doyen of the Spirituality genre, says Always, yes lets repeat that again, Always go with your passions, Are You doing this?
9. Vincent Van Gogh, In just over a decade, he produced more than 2,100 artworks, including 860 oil paintings and more than 1,300 watercolors, drawings, sketches and prints. This is passion, to me boredom is a made up concept that covers our profound laziness.
10. Love this, the Drunkenness of the mind, when we have lost control of our senses. Being sensible and being passionate do nor correlate in my world.
11. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, one of the great philosophers of the 1700’s was a poet, novelist, playwright, diplomat and civil servant as well. He points to you see the world as angry or sad if you have an angry heart, but it is just as easy to have a happy and passionate one. Its your choice after all.
12. Our hearts, the lifeblood for our bodies. Why are more and more people dying from heart attacks in our heavily compartmentalised world. I think its time we etched Passion on them at birth.
13. Dennis Waitley is a founding member of the Council for Self Esteem, the old chestnut of make you life about what lives in your heart , not your wallet. Love the image as well.
14. I see the sun come up most days. This is a new occurrence over the last few years. For most of my life my sleep was a sacred site as it filled up my day as relevantly as what I was doing to fill up the rest of the day. No alarm clock for me.
15. Novelist Galen Watson combines the two things that will have you live an extraordinary life, Passion and Love in his moving quote.
Passion turn to the left, Passion turn to the right or whatever direction you need to to fulfil your dreams. Namaste until next time my dear friends.