Apres workshop continuation, I have been having these amazing conversations with people by asking them do they know what their passion for life is. I have been sharing about one of mine, My Sacred Love Stories workshop idea.
The concept came as follows: One night I was making chai at Mojo – The Dance of Connection and I looked through the window onto the dance floor and the thought that a majority of these beautiful people would go home alone, and this made my heart very sad. Shortly after the words, Sacred Love Stories passed through. I pondered this for the following week and came up with the following. The premise is that we have stopped being vulnerable with each other, the evidence being the divorce rate, that the average length of a relationship for 18 to 35 years olds is six months and the existence of Tinder. So in the workshop, you will work through the chakras, telling your partner your if you knew this about me, I would die and your, No, I am not boasting, I actually did this stories for the distinction of each chakra. You practice with a fellow participant so that you can increase your ability to be vulnerable and then go home and do it with your beloveds.
So that’s one of my passions, Time for my friend Marc’s list on the subject:
1. When passion and skill work together, the end result is a masterpiece.
2. Your work is to discover your work and then, with all your heart, to give yourself to it.
3. If you are passionate about it, pursue it, no matter what anyone thinks. That’s how dreams are achieved.
4. The heart of human excellence often begins to beat when you discover a pursuit that absorbs you, frees you, challenges you, and gives you a sense of meaning, joy and passion.
5. A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write. The concept can be applied universally/
6. It’s not how much money you make that ultimately makes you happy. It’s whether or not your work fulfils you.
7. No matter how many times you break down, there should always be a little voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done yet! Get back up!” That’s the voice of passion and courage.
8. Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
9. Find what makes you come alive, whatever it is. Become it and let it become you, and great things happen FOR you. TO you and BECAUSE of you.
10. Purpose is the reason you journey. Passion is the fire that lights your way,
11. If you cannot put your heart into it, take yourself out of it.
12. Continue to work hard at what you love no matter what the odds are. Eventually, someone will praise and appreciate what you do.
13. It’s not about getting a chance. It’s about taking a chance. You’ll rarely be 100% sure it will work, but you can be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work. Sometimes you just have to go for it.
People have been passionate throughout recorded history, what have they said about it, here we go:
1. Remember, you are a sovereign being.
2. In our country, the official retirement age used to be 65, many people died soon after. The passion was missing: The Power and The Passion.
3. Of course, Oprah would be one of the quoters.
4. Supposedly, the percentage of people who do this is at an all-time low: Money.
5. Besides being an amazing sci-fi writer, Kurt Vonnegut said some good shit about passion and purpose.
6. To help with this, I would recommend reading Lissa Rankins great book on the subject, The Fear Cure: Lose Yourself.
7. Time to open up one of the largest organs in your body.
8. Just don’t, okay: Not Afraid.
9. Born in Manchester, Jamaica in 1967, Bailey immigrated to Canada at age 13 and played basketball with John Degenhardt before his graduation at Queen Elizabeth Park High School in Oakville, Ontario. He began competing as a 100 m sprinter part-time in 1991, but he did not take up the sport seriously until 1994. At that time, he was also a stockbroker. He won the gold medal at the 1996 Olympic games.
10. The cardigan-wearing one, Eckhart Tolle time. Yes, The Power of Now: Sing for the Moment.
11. Some deeper stuff from Carl.
12. Already naked, follow your heart – Great words: Follow Your Heart.
13. There are no promises you will wake up tomorrow, we just live our lives like it is a given.
14. What is the anatomy of your Calling: Wake Me Up.
15. And for our final lesson, there is really no other choice.
So we will finish with another list titled Passion questions to make you think:
1. What will you never give up on
2. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. What fascinates you?
5. What’s something you would do every day if you could?
6. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
7. What would you do DIFFERENTLY if you knew nobody would judge you?
8. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?
9. What is something you would hate to go without for a day?
10. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Today’s playlist contains three songs from the same artist, never been done before. We begin with one of Australia’s great rock and roll band, Midnight Oil, then off to the UK for Pink Floyd. across to the USA for three Eminem tracks, then Germany for the Scorpions and we complete with Avicii: Told You So. Sincerely, Your Intuition!!!
Lets complete with why we follow our passions: No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying, Love and Respect to All,, Everyone Included. Until we meet again, my dear friends. Remember you can sign up to receive the blog in your inbox on the right-hand side.