I had a coaching session with my friend Lou today and as per usual she asked me what was showing up and what would I like to work on today. We have been in lock-down for over 200 days in my state of Victoria in the last year and I was feeling it today so I stated that I felt a little empty inside especially in my hands. We did some exercises and I noticed that I was forming fists of anger instead of contacting my heart to resolve the issue of what was having me feel this way.
When do we go in the direction of our heads ILO our hearts to resolve matters of the body. Often I do it when life has pushed me over, when really it’s time to stand up and push back even harder. Where there is a fork in the road and choices to make, make the ones your future self will thank you for. Today,start:
- Choosing you.
- Appreciating what you have.
- Believing in yourself and your dreams.
- Being positive.
- Taking action.
- Letting go.
- Picking yourself back up.
- Ignoring negative people.
- Staying in touch with close friends and family.
- Making time for fun.
- Spreading love and kindness.
- Being the change you want to see in the world.
So what has society said about listening to the heart over the centuries, let’s have a look:
1. Advice Pocahontas gave to the invaders of her land.
2. A woman who could live this life in the face of much controversy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9rLDCfO6o
3. It won’t matter after you escape, because we will have passed on to another pathway.
4. Some of my great moments live in this realm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCC_b5WHLX0
5. Very practical advice.
6.Tres Cute piece of heart advice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh44QPT1mPE
7. Bold, Brave and Strong, such worthy attributes in life.
8. Bryant McGill is a human potential thought leader, international bestselling author, activist, and social entrepreneur. He is one of the world’s top social media influencers reaching a billion people a year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa7PUQAQ3zo
9. There is a right way to listen, this explains it well.
10. Heart and Soul, they are telling it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOubjLM9Cbc
11. This is a mean trick to pull on your body.
12.The first woman to head a Fortune 500 company, hanging around in those circles you definitely would need to know how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s&list=PLKsj3BQVDw-_vaWpOlYPbklt4fEbF6OhD
13. The more you follow your heart the shorter you regret list is on your death-bed.
14. Never let the former override the latter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw-0pbY9JeU
Believe in your heart. Listen to your soul as well. Trust your instincts. Acknowledge your own strengths. Dream it and dare it. Do what you are afraid of, and capable of. Follow your vision. Know that anything is possible. Know you Can.
A couple of classics on the playlist today. Elton John leads us off. Then Roxette do that song about hearts followed by Neil Young. 2Pac does a rap cover of Roxette next with Michael Kiwanuka rocking one out next. The penultimate song is Eminem and we complete with Twenty One Pilots: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrsF_nUjfphbe4SiEWUmM-ug
I think your heart wants the best for you but sometimes we forget this when we make mistakes following it and we get scared off. My ethos for Interculturalism: Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included comes from my heart-space. I use two Facebook groups to support the spread of it. The first and oldest is Interculturalism: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Interulturalism, the second is Thriving People – People who wish to make a difference to humanity: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949. You are always welcome yo join our band of merry travelers, just click on the links. Until next time my dear friends.