The biggest adventure I have taken in my life was to go to the then Soviet Union and Run the Moscow Peace Marathon the year before the Berlin Wall came down. Back then my passion was to make a difference on a world scale by ending world hunger. We ran under the badge of WorldRunners, a group based out of America. It was an amazing experience worthy of its own book but I actually wish to write about what makes something our passion for Life.
Marc and Angel Chernoff ask 10 questions around this subject:
1. What will you never give up on?
2. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
3. What activities make you lose track of time?
4. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
5. What fascinates you?
6. What is something you would hate to go without for a day?
7. What’s something you would do every day if you could?
8. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you actually enjoy doing?
9. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
10. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I suppose number six comes closest to answer my passion for blog writing as my I am an Interculturalist blog now number over three hundred. But what has the world said about our passions, let’s have a peek at some of these powerful quotes:
1. The richest man in the world is a living example of this – Bill Gates, Right, he created Microsoft. Long before that, however, he was an amateur programmer who was passionate enough about computers that in the eighth grade, he managed to get excused from math class to design things like early video games.
2. These people are the people who are the ones who take the first steps when there was no agreement and keep putting their feet in front of each other whatever happens to reach their goals. Think Steve Jobs, Elon Musk and their ilk: The Impossible Dream.
3. One word, Gandhi
4. Gary Vaynerchuk has 1.1. million Twitter followers yet posts on the subject Numbers don’t matter, Influence does because he knows that passion matters, not mere numbers: Priceless.
5. Boredom, a word much overused these days of instant gratification.
6. The timing between a gold medal performance can be as little as a microsecond, microseconds are also called passion: When you Believe.
7. Never used one!!
8. When was the last time you were abuzz with the energy that passion fills your body with: Come and Get It.
9. From sex worker to reciting one of her poems at Bill Clinton’s inauguration, Maya Angelou lived the above mission her whole life.
10. Make your soul grow, Yes Please: Make your Soul Grow.
11. This often occurs when you meet your beloved for the first time, I think I have goosebumps.
12. Now, Now, Now: Don’t Stop Me Now.
13. One of Steve Jobs great calls to the extraordinary, as he says you will know when you find it.
14. I read about Jon Bon Jovi opening pay as you feel cafe’s so that people could get healthy food, the act of a passionate man: We Weren’t Born To Follow.
15. Leave your comments at the bottom as to what you think this means.
So as you will have read my new passion is the blogs of I am an Interculturalist, where I spread my love of possibility, what’s yours?
Music for today is from the evergreen Tom Jones, a country number from For King and Country, the uplifting The Lion King, a pop diva number from Selena Gomez, a short speech from Sir Ian McKellen, then two anthems from Queen and Bon Jovi.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.