I’ve gone back to getting my subjects for my blogs off my kitchen wall. The title for this one comes from my We build Tribes chart. The purpose is to build a purpose-driven community, I actually have two: They are Interculturalism: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Interulturalism and Thriving People – People who wish to make a difference to Humankind: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949. Both have the ethos of Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included at their core.
Each community has the following behind it:
- 10,000 people woke up this morning shedding private tears because they need a solution to their problem. You have that solution, go find them.
- No other individual was placed upon this earth to do what you were uniquely born to do. Be you and the world will transform.
- We live in an abundant world, allow that abundance to flow through you and you will never be without it.
- Build a tribe that changes the very fabric of society, That is what you were born to do.
- Whatever your goal, dream or desire is, It’s yours for the taking. Never accept you can’t.
- Be consumed with a vision for tomorrow, go there in your own life and people will follow.
- In a world of increasing isolation, be the campfire that attracts friends, laughter and authentic moments of transformation.
- No-one ever got lucky, true success flows from consistency and persistency. Never, ever give up.
- It’s going to be hard, It’s going to be tough. Remember, when you quit, No one wins.
- Be their leader, be their servant, be their guide. But whatever you do. Make sure you “be”.
- Don’t ever love others to the detriment of loving yourself. There is no one more important than you.
- Rest, love, allow yourself to be loved. For as much as you feel the world rests on your shoulders, it doesn’t.
- Support one another, cherish one another, inspire one another. We can make an even greater impact when we do so together.
- Give someone a smile, give them money, give them a moment – when you have the capacity to do so… give.
- With money comes influence, impact and opportunity – freedom comes when we cease fearing the pursuit of money & we embrace it.
So what has society said about communities – lets walk down that path:
1. Read that word, everyone, all 7 billion of us.
2. And her partner was Martin Luther King Junior, hear him speak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixfwGLxRJU8
3. Do you know what your community cares about?
4. Author of the Courage to Create, this quote speaks profoundly of the power of communication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN6VR92V70M
5. We all know a community needs more than one colour.
6. Another religious guru facing abuse allegations. Bill Hybels has a lot to reconcile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-6zYv9hCow
7. From little things , big things grow.
8. My purpose to make my communities safe places: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHvTWvKIPHo
9. How many friendships I have made simply asking would you like to go for a coffee?
11. Ubuntu is a Nguni Bantu term meaning “humanity”. It is sometimes translated as “I am because … Language.
12. Very profound, Marianne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxGLPVvNjvY
14. And my favourite dance crew are the Desert Dwellers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAuAcC6-5ds
15. This one touches my soul.
I have had faith in intentional communities to transform out planet, it will take something but to me has always been possible.
Today’s playlist is truly eclectic. We begin with Martin Luther King’s most famous speech. Then one of my favourite pop divas, Taylor Swift. An Aussie legend follows, Lee Morgan. Then another of my favourite spoken word giants, Maya Angelou. Back to the 60s or 70s with Bread. Ava Max is the penultimate track, then we finish my favourite dance crew, The Desert Dwellers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrsTT_-LiPDrKqshrgpwBoPh
So I will complete with my ethos one more time: Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included. Until we meet afain my dear friends.