How do we love and why do we love? I have been having discussions around this matter recently with very little agreement as to why. Do we throw all our sensibility away and become child-like or do we go on a journey to prove to the other person involved that we genuinely love them. There are many versions of what people say shows somebody loves them, it may be spiritual, it may be sexual, it may be consensual actions that fulfill each other desires.
I have been contemplating what it is for me since these conversations as it was clearly not what was offered to me as the reason I loved this person for a time. I looked and discovered that I needed to embrace the individuals we both were but to embrace the individual I was and not belittle myself but feel inside for my ideas, strengths and beauty that exists inside me like no one else. To be the person I know myself to be – the best version of myself. And above all, to be true to myself and if I could not put my heart into it, to take myself out of it as soon as possible. So in a relationship situation, here are a few rules to follow:
- Get your priorities straight.
- Take full responsibilities for your foals.
- Know your worth.
- Choose the right perspective.
- Don’t let your old problems punish your dreams.
- Choose the things that really matter.
- Love You.
- Accept your strengths and weaknesses.
- Stand up for you.
- Learn from others, and move on when you must.
- Be honest in your relationships.
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Be who you were born to be.
- Never give up on you.
So I am sure that our society has discussed the subject of love over the centuries, let’s have a look:
1. French is such a beautiful love language.
2. There were times that I felt like I had been struck deaf and dumb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB_S2qFh5lU&list=PLgIerhn1S8dM62vnOJJcAeGB-kMeRdwuv&index=1
3. Gibran Khalil Gibran was a Lebanese-American writer, poet and visual artist also considered a philosopher although he himself rejected the title. He is best known as the author of The Prophet which was first published in the United States in 1923 and has since become one of the best selling books of all time, having been translated into more than 100 languages.
4. Guilty as charged: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twi4sZrWhEE
5. From the most prolific quot-er, Ms. Unknown comes a piece of wisdom.
6. No need to be a: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfY4NLxl72g
7. Half way there.
8. It takes time to get to know someone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg3PberzvXo
9. Not just for one part of them, all the bits.
10. Can really relate to this statement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0qW9P-uYfM
11. It feels like an own goal.
12. One of the great gifts you can give to another person: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7NLKWol9I
13. Thich Nhat Hanh is a very wise person, I agree with this.
14. This is part of love to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaKgQATdB6I
15. Oscar Fingal O’Flahertie Wills Wilde was an Irish poet and playwright. After writing in different forms throughout the 1880s, the early 1890s saw him become one of the most popular playwrights in London. Love this offering from him.
So in this inquiry I have come to the belief that love is a multi faceted part of our lives and that there is no one answer to the question and that is why we often struggle with it and we are always learning along the path.
The playlist today contains my favourite rock and roll guitar solo from the greatest music festival ever held, Woodstock all for the outrageous price of eight dollars for three days of peace Love and Understanding. We begin well before then with Billie Ellish followed by rockers Van Halen.Then one of the most soulful tracks ever recorded by Donny Hathaway. Australia’s own Tim Minchin is next. Elton and Kiki with a mighty duet next. Lana Del Ray is the penultimate track and yes we finish with guitar mayhem from Ten Years After: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJlQ3F9bKYrvARLdPeRm4DZbWsoAFyE3J
I use the word Love in my world ethos: Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included which is the basis of my 1,000,000 member Facebook group Thriving People – People who wish to make a difference to humankind. Here’s the link if you wish to join us in creating this change on the world conversation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1126100227764949. Until we meet again, my dear friends.