This is a beautiful sentence for the life altering book The Anatomy of a Calling: A Doctor’s Journey from the Head to the Heart and A Prescription for Finding your Life’s Purpose: It’s tricky to learn how to inhabit your brilliance- to let our lights shine unimpeded-without mistakenly letting it fuel the ego.
On the other hand what spiritual teacher and author Marianne Williamson writes in her book A Return to Love is true:
” Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine. we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
So how has the planet related to inhabiting our brilliance, let’s have a wee peek:
1. If you have a belief in that everything is possible the chances you will come up with something new is higher.
2. Because there is a brand new interpretation of it existing that did not before you took on the challenge: Amazing Grace.
(of light or colour) very bright.“brilliant sunshine illuminated the scene”
synonyms: bright, shining, blazing, dazzling, light; More
4. I’ve got a soul kind of feeling, moving to the beat: Soul Kinda.
5. Welcome to the human experience, that’s where life really lives.
6. Some brilliant words from JFK about humanity: Teardrops.
7. I hope they say Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included when they are talking about me.
8. Aren’t we always feeling a little bit more brilliant on a sunny day: Ain’t Nobody.
9. Is your life your favourite movie, what’s its name?
10. I might do a blog soon using quotes when world leaders were respected for their wisdom not their stupidity: Back to Life.
11. From one of the brilliant ones.
12. Not in it’s flag, it’s army, it’s leaders, simply it’s people: Our House.
13. The oldest comment, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe lived from 1749 to 1832, a great innings for the time. Brilliance does not mean that you will always spend time with others.
14. Just couldn’t leave Oprah out, proof in the pudding: Sweet Dreams.
15. Finally a quiz, one of the most brilliant human beings ever, who is he?
The key is to recognise that spiritual gifts , divine downloads, miracles, magic and brilliance are all the result of Consciousness streaming through us. Our egos don’t get to claim credit for any of it. But it is our responsibility to avoid blocking its expression through us,
Namaste until next time, my dear friends
The quote that hit a chord with me is in the paragraph from Marianne Williamson’s book, particularly this line, “There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.” I have read this book at least twice before, but apparently I need to be reminded again about this little trait that is not in anyone’s best interest! ☺️
I never feel insecure around you Ruthie, you are a stand up powerful, woman who makes shit happen
Thank you Rod, that means a lot.