It’s a bit of a celebration today, on Wednesday I reached the old official retirement/pension age of 65 in Australia. Our right-wing government wanted to make it seventy before the backlash became too much when it reached 68. This is also my 450th blog. What did I do on my retirement day, I went to an event called Awakening Attraction, this is the blurb for it:
There is nothing that enlivens relationships more than the potency of ‘chemistry’ – the charge, the tension and the excitement of impassioned desire.
It is this magnetism, this enchantment, this allure that is the elixir of relating and it weaves certain magic through our romantic interactions.
Without it, we may still have great ‘friendships’ or ‘partnerships’ but we will be missing out on the ‘juice’!!
Attraction has often been considered as an elusive ‘Je ne se quo’, but what if attraction was not a mystery but rather something you could understand, cultivate and play within a healthy way to bring out the best in those around you? What if you could ignite the spark of attraction and keep the flame alive in relationships?
During this interactive special evening event for men and women where we will be navigating all things ATTRACTION.
The topic we will be exploring on the night…
– When it comes to intimate relationship what is your ATTRACTION STYLE?
– Understanding the effect you have (or don’t have) on others.
– What do you WANT to attract and what are you actually attracting?
– How you ignite the spark of attraction
– How you keep the flame burning deeper in a long term relationship.
I have done the feeder program for this night called Awakening Women for Men, a transformational experience that alters how you listen to your own inner feminine, your mother, mine has passed, your sisters if you have them, your lovers and your female friends and the sister program is Awakening Men for Woman. The ethos of these programs is
We believe that at our human core our greatest longing is to be seen, felt and heard by those we love.
Awakening Connections is a new paradigm of relating that empowers people to come into deeper wholeness, love and truth.
We know a world exists where humans feel enlivened within themselves which in turn creates an opening for healthy, sexy and inspired relationships.
Relationships with self and others are the most challenging emotional experiences we face, asking us to continually evolve and grow.
We give people the ability to really step into and navigate the challenges we face and turn them into gold.
Awakening Connections celebrates the journey of relationship through embracing both its ecstatic potential as well as the gritty, real and raw nature of the human experience.
It’s time to create extraordinary relationships, are you ready?
So how has society looked at attraction over the years, here are some of my favourite ways!!!
1. This calls out to my heartspace.
2. In the real field of attractiveness, you do not have to live by the rules that there are only certain desires that are OK: I Feel Good.
3. But only with consent, we do not read it right every time.
4. Are you great at receiving your desires, it is something I am working on after years of listening to the reasons why I couldn’t in my head: Waiting for Love.
5. Body Butter, not something taught in standard high school sex education classes.
6. Talking about what is present in the actual moment, not saying what you think they want to hear, now that is expansive: Titanium.
7. Do you match your desires, I am about a 5 out of 10, always working on becoming stronger at it.
8. And once you begin to awaken your conscious self, your lifeforce does not allow you to go back: Set Fire To The Rain.
9. Magnets are built to attract to and stick to what are the right frequencies, listen to your magnetic power.
10. Fear prevents you from approaching what you desire and what you are attracted to, there is that classic saying have your fear and do it anyway. Over to You: Anyway.
11. Fuck Yes!!
12. Awakening occurs at the moment, you can do it millions of time in your life, especially around attraction: Changes.
13. Red or Blue, which are you attracted too?
14. Remember in this attraction game that you have unique strengths and skills, may you find the one, or even two or three that honours them: The Way.
15. And from the most famous of philosophers Ms Unknown comes the final lesson when awakening attraction.
A week or so after doing Awakening Women for Men a dear friend of mine asked me what did I learn about women from the course, it felt like she was checking to see what secrets Alley, Shaney and Jarrod had given away. Here is my answer: I said there was too much, it will take a lifetime to take it all in, but imagine I had never met you and I walked into the room and saw you and went: we must end up as lovers. I ask you out informing you that I broke up with Janice three months ago. I would know when I am placing my projections of being with Janice on our relationship, allowing it to be new and fresh and full of love and curiosity. She smiled and said that is beautiful.
The playlist for today speaks to the awakening of attraction. We begin with the Sex Machine James Brown. then we move forward to this century with Avicii. David Guetta duets with Sia next. Adele and Martina McBride follow. @Pac does the penultimate number, finishing with Ariana Grande.
Honouring your attractions is needed if we are to live from Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included. I sincerely believe that there is at least one awakened soul out there for us. Until next time, my dear friends.