I’m not a great one for New Years Resolutions since I took up Danielle LaPorts Cored Desired Feelings and having intentions. But I came across the practice of Naming your year from a friend who inspires me lately. She chose the Year of Being, I chose the Year of Love for 2015.
It doesn’t necessarily mean that I will fall deeply in Love with the One but that would be nice but more that each and every moment is appreciated from the heart space of Love. So I researched what we as a society have to say about Love, Here are my favourite 20 quotes and sayings on Love.
The majority of Quotes on Love are romantic in nature but I have collected romantic and inspiring love quotes over the years, Here we go.
1. In dreams and Love there are no impossibilities.
To get to know somebody at the deepest level ask them what their dreams are and support them in fulfilling them, they will love you with the intensity that it will take to assist them in reaching their life’s pinnacle.
2. Hatred paralyses Life, love releases it . Hatred confuses Life, Love harmonies it, Hatred darkens life, Love illuminates it.
What did the man who said this Martin Luther King have to give up in the area of hatred to inspire a national Civil Rights movement in the sixties. If you listen n to his speeches they are all from love of his fellow human being, be they white or black.
3. Love is a canvas furnished by Nature, and embroidered by imagination.
Gaia gave up beauty all around to inspire the love of this extraordinary planet, allowing us to have Aww moments at every moment in the day, We have only to stop and smell the Roses.
4. We are all Born for Love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.
People have been offering Inspiring quotes about love for centuries and Benjamin Disreali ( Earl of Beaconsfield ) offered this profound take at it back in the day. I love it for the way it states that it is the backbone of our very existence.
5. Love in its essence is spiritual fire.
I have been on the spiritual path for many a year and this sums up what as I see the message of this way of Life, Simply Love.
6. Doubt that the stars are fire, Doubt that the sun doth move: Doubt that the truth is a liar, but never doubt I Love.
The bard William Shakespeare had a way with words, here he writes in regard to the power of, and the power to love.
7. I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars, I don’t wan’t gemstones or gold. I have those things already. I want ….. a kind soul. I want to fall asleep and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love and be loved.
Wealth, possessions cannot give you what true love does. The kindness of a friendly soul and the joy of love and being loved back, thats what provided it.
8. There are only four questions of value in life What is Sacred?, of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is always the same: only love.
Don Juan De Marco said this, not known as a spiritual man but a supremo in the area of Love. Who do you live for and who would you die for?
9. I Love you because the entire Universe conspired to help me find you.
Haven’t we met our loved ones in unusual places, Like someone or something was conspiring to have it happen. Paulo Coelho’s quote sums it up nicely, remember we are all Starseed’s just waiting to find the right bit for us.
10. The heart has its reasons of which reason know nothing.
Love is a quality that overrules all logical thought, It has a fluidity all of its own. You may never know what draws you to certain people but are just glad that it did.
11. Who being loves, Is Poor
Bad boy Oscar Wilde penned this short vignette, not known for his holding back Oscar seems to be pointing to the only thing that truly satisfies the heart, being in Love with whom and whatever that inspires you.
12. Love is a fabric which never fades , no matter how often it is washed in the water of adversity and grief.
We will have things that happen in our lives that will test the power of our love, Deaths, unexpected breakups , financial disasters but underneath it Love will remain, beating away through the power of our heart.
13. Love is Life, and if you miss Love, You Miss Life.
This quote by Leo Buscaglia hits home for me. Last year I fell out of love with myself and spent three months fighting depression, only when I got back in touch with the love others had for me did I return to the sef love that got me out of it.
14. Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only what you are expecting to give – which is everything.
When Love is reliant on What an I going to get out of this , you fail. It is what you are willing to give to a situation, without expectation where the beauty of love resided.
15. Falling in Love is like leaping off a really tall building. Your brain tells you it is not a good idea, but your heart tells you, you can fly.
I listen to my head far too often in these situations, time to leap of some tall building and let my heart run things for a while.
16. Can miles truly separate you from friends… If you want to be with someone you love , aren’t you already there.
They say you can sense that those you love are thinking about you or are in trouble. These people are the people who, no matter how long you have been apart it feels like one minute.
17. Now join your hands, and with your hands, your heart.
The bard again. Would make a great wedding vow, joining our hearts is the ultimate act of love.
18. Love is like the wind, you can’t see it, but you can feel it.
When Love comes to town, it feels like a mighty, mighty wind straight to your heart. Can be stormy weather but as the power of nature inspires us, so does love.
19. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.
This three step process simplifies that crazy little thing called Love. We hope we only need to take the final step one or two times in our life, but that is not becoming the norm these days.
20. Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included
This is my quote. it came to me when I was sitting at my desk at work. I saw the possibility of everyone returning to the possibility of Love. I spend my time having it happen on the planet.
This is what is behind me choosing the Year of Love for 2015, I would love you all to get on board. Namaste to next time my friends.