Had a busy weekend, attended a potluck 40th Friday evening, a commitment ceremony Saturday, and a Warrior of Love training day Sunday. This gave me a lot to choose from to write about. I have chosen to write about the growth conversation I had with a vital young thing at the potluck. She seemed to just be reaching out to begin her growth adventure but was not sure what direction to take. I gave her some of my worldly advice and left her with that. I suggested that life was about taking chances and seeing what worked out for her.
My friend Marc says the following: Life is about taking chances. It’s about doing something you initially thought you could never do. It’s about being a little bit crazy. following your heart, and not worrying about every detail of what everyone else thinks. And above all, it’s about learning to love who you are and what you have.
Here are his 12 things to start caring about on your journey:
- Start caring about your own happiness – It’s important to make people happy, but you have to start with yourself.
- Start caring about your goals and dreams – If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders.
- Start caring about how you invest your time every day – There might not be a tomorrow, not for everyone.
- Start caring about how you think and what you think about – In your quiet moments, what do you think about?
- Start caring about how you treat yourself – Your relationship with yourself is the closest and most important relationship you will ever have.
- Start caring about how you treat others – Live so that when the people around you think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you.
- Start caring about how others treat you – Choose your relationships wisely.
- Start caring about your health – Exercise to be fit, not skinny.
- Start caring about your education and personal growth – Achieving higher consciousness comes from your commitment to personal growth.
- Start caring about doing the best YOU can – Don’t worry about what others are doing better than you.
- Start caring about all the wonderful things you have right now – Learn to appreciate the things you have before time forces you to appreciate the things you once had.
- Start caring about this moment we call ‘life’ – This moment is your life, don’t miss it.
So what have people said about their growth paths over the centuries, lets have a look:
1. This is when fear is a positive in your life.
2. Boats are not built to stay in safe harbours, neither are you: Around The World.
3. Audrey was much more than just a great actress, In December 1992, she received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in recognition of her work as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
4. Best known for his hierarchy of needs, Abraham Maslow calls out for us to choose growth and overcoming fear by moving forward again and again: Ours.
5. The knot explains a lot.
6. Will people come on aboard your form of contagious?: Fight Song.
7. We go back to the 18th Century for this powerful insight from the third POTUS.
8. How is your journey unfolding, don’t give your dreams up: Don’t Stop Believing.
9. A great word that hangs out with I’m Possible.
10. There are several quotes that say this, Boom!: To Live And Die In LA.
11. Its an inner and outer journey.
12. You can’t stay there anymore: Time to Grow.
13. Breathwork is very supportive on the journey I have found.
14. Our second POTUS for today’s blog: Happy Birthday, Mr President.
15. And for our final lesson, we hear from one of the world’s most powerful women . Ginni Rometty’s tenure as IBM’s CEO has been marked by noteworthy awards, including by Bloomberg’s 50 Most Influential People in the World, Fortune’s “50 Most Powerful Women in Business”, Time‘s 20 Most Important People in Tech and Forbes’ America’s Top 50 Women In Tech.
Unfortunately, sometimes, just before you take your first step on the journey to pursue your dreams, people around you, even the ones who deeply care for you, will give you awful advice. It’s not because they have evil intentions. It’s because they don’t understand the big picture – what your dreams, passions and life goals mean to you. They don’t understand that, to you, the reward is worth the risk. Enjoy the Journey.
So as Steve Jobs said ” Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living within the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice, heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
Today’s playlist features rock bands, pop divas and rap stars. We begin with The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, then Taylor Swift and her fellow pop diva Rachel Platten. Journey next then over to rap land with Tupac and Lemar. We finish with Marilyn Monroe: First You Dream, Then You Do.
I was checking my stats recently, I spread my ethos of Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included across 128 countries last year. I’m on a strong growth pattern to having it being the world paradigm. Until we meet again, my dear friends.