Apologies for being a day late, I was putting my computer in a drawer at the reception at work as I was going to lunch and the office was locked when I found my copy of The Universe has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein. I opened it to a page that had an affirmation on it:
“I recognize I have chosen wrongly, I forgive this thought, and I choose again. I choose Love”
It is from a chapter called Oneness sets you Free, surrendering to the Holy Instant. What would life be like if we lived it in oneness, not duality? Many great philosophers have made comment on this subject, let’s have a look at what they say.
- As you can’t read it clearly this is what Albert said A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest — a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.
2. Love Ram Dass, (born Richard Alpert; April 6, 1931)He is an American spiritual teacher and the author of the seminal 1971 book Be Here Now. He is known for his personal and professional associations with Timothy Leary at Harvard University in the early 1960s, for his travels to India and his relationship with the Hindu guru Neem Karoli Baba, and for founding the charitable organizations Seva Foundation and Hanuman Foundation. He continues to teach via his website: Be Here Now.
3. Such a beautiful way of looking at Life. Michael Beckwith, founder of the Agape International Spiritual Center in Culver City, if you have ever heard him speak you know that he lives his life this way.
4. When I was a runner I used to run the Shri Chinmoy half marathons in Melbourne. The organizers were some of the most open-hearted people I have come across: Open my Heart.
5. Remember those nights you were in the outback staring at the milky way realizing that you were an insignificant drop in a massive universe that you could not exist without, this talks to that.
6. Oneness is very simple: everything is included and allowed to live according to its true nature. This is the secret that is being revealed, the opportunity that is offered. How we make use of this opportunity depends upon the degree of our participation, how much we are prepared to give ourselves to the work that needs to be done, to the freedom that needs to be lived: Individuality.
7. Now, this is a difficult state to reach given what the media serve up to us on a daily basis.
8. In all this oneness, we have special moments. We call them Love, for George: Careless Whispers.
9. I write a daily Love Meme every day, often using a heart symbol. It represents to me what makes us all one.
10. Why did you turn left instead of right and run into your beloved? Because in our lives there are no random occurrences even though we often complain they happened: Safe.
11. We are all Starseed, the mountains, the seas, Us.
12. I once saw this man pour sand out of his hands. He could shift your concept of what was so. If you were willing to believe it was a different thing: Divinity.
13. Each of us has the divine masculine and the divine feminine within us. They need each other but must operate as one to be effective.
14. Quantum Physics has argued for this since its concept, unfortunately, our eyes cannot see the closing scene from the Matrix: Lose Yourself to Dance.
15. And in Oneness Everything is a Gift, even that.
Another practice from Gabrielle’s book is Let go of the shadow of the past by seeing someone for the first time with the eyes of love. So let’s recognize the other person is you.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.