” People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives: J. Michael Straczynski
Wayne Dyer said all excuses are misalignment. Words like “difficult,” “risky,” “can’t,” “too weak,” “too dumb” and “too complicated” do not apply to the divine mind. I urge you to reharmonize with energy that can do anything and everything, for this is your original nature. The title I chose is based on my mentor’s statement that everything is a gift, that we just choose which one to assess as positive versus negative. Yet everything that happens to us gives us an opportunity to look at our dreams and how it affects them and what are we meant to learn from it on the path to them.
So why does society love making excuses, what does it say about this maligned practice that holds us back, let’s take a journey:
1. My friend Emeli runs workshops to get people to discover their Why in life, she says that until you have discovered this that your what you do will never truly satisfy you.
2. Which side of the coin do you live by?: Come and get It.
3. Choose the coloured path, It’s where your dreams live.
4. Get that crayon out and cross those excuses off your list of thoughts for the day, let’s go: I’ve got no Excuses.
5. A prime example of when there is a cost when excuses take over from the original intent.
6. Actions deliver, words do not. They quickly become excuses and lies if the actions do not match them: Bring me to Life.
7. It’s time to stop saying I would if…….
8. Miraculously every person has the same 24 hours in a day, what you get done totally goes down to what matters to you and how hard you are willing to fight for it: No Matter What.
9. Another way of saying it is, Fake it until you make It.
10. Dreams have a beginning , a journey , and a completion. We should not assume that it is going to be a smooth journey the whole way: Ain’t no mountain high Enough.
11. They are called your dreams, that’s why they live in your heart.
12. Remove these excuses from your vocabulary and your dreams will have a chance: Get Up, Stand Up.
13. The world’s greatest philosopher, Unknown reminds us to return to the source when the doubts creep in.
14. The longer you keep saying it and not delivering with your actions, the greater the chance of this happening becomes: Little Lies.
15. Earl Nightingale was an American radio speaker and author, dealing mostly with the subjects of human character development, motivation, excellence and meaningful existence. Nightingale was the author of The Strangest Secret, which economist Terry Savage has termed “…one of the great motivational books of all time“.
So how will you pass your time, going for your dreams, or listening to the reasons why not? It’s your choice in the end.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.