” The reason many people in our society are miserable, sick , and highly stresses is because of an unhealthy attachment to things they have no control over.” – Steve Maraboli
Luminita Saviuc states that in every instance of transformation, the transformative insight was always one that led her to letting go , surrendering and giving up, in the best sense possible. And perhaps out of all the self-sabotaging habits of thought and behaviour, the one that’s far too common is our desire to control aspects of our reality that are actually beyond our control.
I can speak from experience that staying in control can be costly, as I have experienced several mental health periods in my life which I fought seeking the help that I needed to restore the balance in my life.
So how do we relate to control in our society. let’s take a peek:
1. This reminds me of the Activation work where we get in touch with our Essence in life I do with my mentor Arion Light: Link to the Source.
2. The history of psychedelics dates back tens of thousands of years, it is only in the past 100 years that there has been scientific and counterculture interest in these substances. They were originally used to obtain transcendental experiences: Purple Haze.
3. This is one form of control it would be a great thing to let go of, refusing to get back up.
4. The soul is harder to hear when you are controlling what enters your heart: Keeping Your Head UP.
5. To achieve this those mental controls of fear and anxiety must go.
6. When the controls are gone, we can sing relax don’t do it: Frankie sings it.
7. And yet, there are profoundly powerful acts of control that we need in our life.
8. We often lose control when we just don’t want to wait anymore, and say that’s enough. Remember that what people talk about on their death beds is what they regret usually, not what they celebrate: No Regrets.
9. What would our lives be like if we were so in control that we were incapable of giving back?
10. Sarah Dessen is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of over a dozen novels for teens, which have received numerous awards and rave reviews. Her books have been published in over thirty countries and have sold millions of copies worldwide: You’re the one that I Want.
11. Ah, the women who introduced the term The Work to the world. Another pearl of wisdom: Let Life live you – It does anyway.
12. Hard to drive your car of dreams with four flat tires, isn’t it.: Flat Tire.
13. Or even not knowing what you don’t know!!
14. A way to make sure that people stop relating to you from a position of power: Stop Complaining.
15. A possibility if we set our controls for the heart of the sun.
” So don’t be frightened, dear friend, if a sadness confronts you larger than you have ever known, casting its shadow all over you do. You must think that something is happening within you, and remember that life has not forgotten you; it holds you in its hand and will not let you fall. Why would you want to exclude from your life any uneasiness, any pain, any depression, since you don’t know what work they are accomplishing within you? – Rainer Maria Rilke
Namaste until next time, my dear friends
We human beings certainly like to feel that we are in control, and yet it is painfully clear that we are not. I was listening to a Ram Dass podcast this morning and he states that the number one priority required before stepping on the spiritual path is to have a sense of humour. We do take ourselves very seriously and it is that ability to laugh at one’s predicament that could save us from being undermined by the feeling of loss of control. Just a theory. ☺️