After doing 9 transformational workshops in 2018 it has been a bit quiet on that front this year. Just my first stop year-long training Warriors of Love with the Essence School: For your edification up until now. I have completed a one-day vulnerability workshop and the amazing Awakening Connections. Level Two in the past two weeks. Both provided a new level of being alive. Here is the mission of Awakening Connections:
Monthly Archives: October 2019
Stop Clicking Your Pens!!!
Isn’t it true that in high school when the teacher told you to stop clicking your pen you did it at least once more? What are the truths you remember in your life, are they experiential moments or are they rules your parents raised you by. Here is a list that my friend Marc picked up while travelling, living in different cities, working for different companies ( and himself ), and meeting remarkable and unusual people everywhere in between:
- There comes a point in life when you get tired of chasing everyone and trying to fix everything, but it’s not giving up. It’s realising you don’t need certain people and things and the drama they bring.
- You can’t control how other people feel, or how they recieve your energy. Anything you do or say gets filtered through a mindset occupied by whatever they are going through at the moment, which has nothing to do with you. Just keep doing your thing with as much love as possible.
- If a person wants to be part of your life, they will make an obvious effort to do so. Don’t bother reserving a space in your heart for people who do not make an effort to stay.
- If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down- which is not always so obvious.
- Doing something and getting it wrong is at least 10 times more productive than doing nothing.
- Every success has a trail of failures behind it, and every failure is leading towards success. You don’t fail by falling down. You fail by never getting back up. Sometimes you just have to forget how you feel, remember what you deserve, and keep pushing forward.
- The more things you own, the more things own you. Less truly gives you more freedom.
- While you’re busy looking for the perfect person, you’ll probably miss the imperfect person who could make you perfectly happy. This is as true for friendships as it is for intimate relationships. Finding a partner or a friend isn’t about trying to transform yourself into the perfect image of what you think they want. It’s about being exactly who you are and then finding someone who appreciates that.
- Relationships must be chosen wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company. If something is meant to be, it will happen – at the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason.
- Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. A miracle is making one friend who will stand by your side when hundreds have walked away.
- Someone will always be better looking. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be more charismatic. But they never will be you – with your exact ideas, knowledge and skills.
- Making progress involves risk. Period. You can’t make it to second base with your foot on first.
- Every morning you are faced with two choices: you can aimlessly stumble through the day not knowing what’s going to happen and simply react to events at aa moment’s notice, or you can go through life directing your own life and making your own destiny and decisions.
- Everyone makes mistakes. If you can’t forgive others, don’t expect them to forgive you. Set yourself free by forgiving someone else.
- It’s Ok to fall apart for a little while. You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well. Cry if you need to – It’s healthy to shed tears. The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again.
- We sometimes do things that are permanently foolish just because we are temporarily upset. A lot of heartaches can be avoided if you learnt to control your emotions.
- Someone doesn’t have to be wrong for you to be right. You have to allow people to make their own mistakes and their own decisions.
- Nobody has it easy, Everyone of us has issues. So don’t belittle yourself or anyone else. Everyone is fighting their own unique war.
- A smile doesn’t always mean a person is happy. Sometimes it simply means they are strong enough to face their problems.
- The happiest people I know keep an open mind to new ideas and ventures, use their leisure time as a means of mental development, and love good music, good books, good pictures, good company and good conversation. And oftentimes they are the cause of happiness in others – me in particular.
- You can’t take things too personally. Rarely do people do things because of you. They do things because of them.
- Feelings change, people change, and time keeps rolling on. You can hold onto past mistakes or you can create your own happiness. Don’t make the mistake of waiting on someone or something to come along and make you happy.
- It’s much harder to change the length of your life than the depth of it.
- You end up regretting the things you did not do far more than the things you did.
- When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.
- One of the greatest challenges in life is to be yourself in a world that’s trying to make you the same as everyone else.
- Enjoy the little things, because they’re bigger than they first appear.
- Anyone can make a difference. You have more power than you think. Use it.
- Every experience is a life lesson – everyone you meet, everything you encounter. Never forget to acknowledge the lesson, especially when things don’t go your wat. Gain insight and move forward.
- Regardless of how dark your past has been, your future is still spotless. Don’t start your day with the broken pieces of yesterday. Each day is a new beginning. Every morning you wake up is the first day of the rest of your life. What do you want to make happen?
So what has humanity said about its truth’s, here are a few of my favourites:
1. Living your truth may not always be comfortable, but well worth it.
2. But you can also reclaim some of your own truth by looking at what made you angry in the first place: Dark Horse.
3. What truths do you keep in your personal treasure chest?
4. From Sydney, Australia Palak Gupta won the Miss India crown. At just the age of 20 Palak’s truth is that life isn’t about your height, weight and shade. It’s about the values and beliefs you embrace, your truths: Unwritten.
5. What to carry in your makeup kit for life.
6. From Russia with Love: Time and Glass.
7. It’s up to Us.
8. Everyone is Free now: Everything is Free Now.
9. From the man who gave us bliss, his truth about life.
10. What mask do you present to life that hides your truths from your dearest and nearest: Behind The Mask.
11. And then we find someone to share our truths with.
12. My ethos in life is Love and Respect for All. Everybody Included: Respect Yourself.
13. Do you worship your truths, what value do you give them?
14. As Marc says in poit 7, it is not the things you own that measure your lifestyle, but how you are remembered: Happy.
15. And for our final lesson, it’s good to remember the shadow and the light in our lives.
So to make it really the longest blog I have ever done, 10 more truth questions:
- What does the child inside you long for?
- What is the one thing right now that you are totally sure of?
- What’s the best decision you’ve ever made?
- What is the biggest motivator in your life right now?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What have you counting or keeping track of recently?
- What’s the difference between being alive and truly living?
- If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people what would your message be?
- Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
- When is the last time you tried something new?
Today’s playlist begins in pop diva land with Katie Perry and Natasha Bedingfield. We then journey to Russia with Name 505. Gillian Welch then sets us free, Michael Jackson lifts our masks. Madonna is the penultimate track and we finish with Pharrell Williams: Stop Clicking Your Pens.
My truth for the world is Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included. Until we meet again, my dear friends.
I Trust My Intuition and Live a Courageous Life!!!
I have attended two meetings in the same room over the past three days. One was on the future of Interculturalism in our local council area, which I love and the second was on Race discrimination and racial and religious vilification which I despise to the core of my bones. At each meeting, there were different energies, one of what was possible and the other what to do when it all goes wrong. It made me think of what effect energy has on a situation and is that the primary driving factor of any situation.
My friends Marc and Angel Chernoff wrote an immensely popular blog called “30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself”, it was an instant hit. Soon they started receiving this request: “I would love to see you revisit each of these thirty principles, but instead of presenting us with a ‘to-don’t’ list, present us with a ‘to-do list’ that we can start working on today together ” Here is the list they created in response to that request:
- Start spending time with the right people.
- Start facing your problems head-on.
- Start being honest with yourself about everything.
- Start making your own happiness a priority.
- Start being yourself, genuinely and proudly.
- Start noticing and living in the present.
- Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.
- Start being more polite to yourself.
- Start enjoying the things you already have.
- Start creating your own happiness.
- Start giving your ideas and dreams a chance.
- Start believing you’re ready for the next step.
- Start entering new relationships for the right reasons.
- Start giving new people you meet a chance.
- Start competing against an earlier version of yourself.
- Start cheering for other people’s victories.
- Start looking for the silver lining in tough situations.
- Start forgiving yourself and others.
- Start helping those around you.
- Start listening to your own inner voice.
- Start being attentive to your stress level and take short breaks.
- Start noticing the beauty of small moments.
- Start accepting things when they are less than perfect.
- Start working towards your goals every single day.
- Start being more open about how you feel.
- Start taking full accountability for your life.
- Start actively nurturing your most important relationships.
- Start concentrating on the things you can control.
- Start focusing on the possibility of positive outcomes.
- Start noticing how wealthy you are right now.
So that is a pretty awesome list, I would suggest picking a few favourites and work on those for a while, attempting all of them at once would be a case for overwhelm, methinks.
So when the world looks at positivity, what does it have to say, here we go:
1. Without providing these basic and essential ingredients don’t expect to be on the A list for very long.
2. Simply walk the talk is what this says to me: Listen to Your Heart.
3. Such beauty in the words. “Building a thoughtfully crafted life”.
4. As I am writing this in the Darebin Intercultural Centre I sure this is deeply profound and very positive,: Shab be oon cheshmat khab narese
5. The adage you can’t take it with you is addressed in this quote.
6. That one life has breathed easier because you have lived, a worthy task to take on: Breathing.
7. Printers don’t work if the paper is crumpled, if you stop living a positive life by burning the trust in it, you will probably attain the same result.
8. From little things big things grow: From Little Things.
9. My friend Fleassy talks about your comfort zone and your safety zones. The comfort zone is what you challenge for positive growth in your life, your safety zone is your declared boundaries, to be protected for all you are worth.
10. How about every new acquaintance in your life you greet with these words: Rise Up.
11. You can always get more money, but you have a finite time to live a life of positivity.
12. It is also great to remember that positive doesn’t necessarily mean neat and tidy: Messing with the Kid.
13. Works for my life essence of Curiosity.
14. There are many different versions of positivity, pick your favourite: A Few of My Favourite Things.
15. And for our final lesson, I reveal the part of your body that your positivity resides in.
Right now is a miracle. Right now is the only moment guaranteed to you. right now is life. So stop thinking about how great things will be in the future. Stop dwelling on what did and didn’t happen in the past. Learn to be in the “here and now” and experience life as it is happening. Appreciate the positive attributes that it holds, right now.
Today’s playlist contains Ireland’s greatest rock guitarist, and he’s not in U2, a jazz legend and a new version of one of Australia’s greatest songs. Roxette opens up, followed with a tune from Persia by Ebi Gheseye Eshgh. Then the pop diva track from Ariana Grande. John Butler, Missy Higgins and Dan Sultan rejig a great Australian anthem allowing the sultry tones of Andra Day to lead in the rocking guitar of Rory Gallagher. We finish with the majestic notes of John Coltrane Live: I Trust My Intuition and Live a Courageous Life!!!
In the meeting about the Intercultural Centre, it was grand to see up to 10 different cultures being positive together. It gives me hope that there is a future for ny ethos of Interculturalism: Love and Respect For All, Everybody Included. If you enjoy reading this ode to possibility register yourself to receive future blogs in the space on the right-hand side. Namaste until we meet again, my dear friends.
You Are Not Alone In This!!!
I went to a local council meeting today to support a group who had been defunded, there was a lot of anger in the room. One group called the other racist for doing it, and there were allegations flying everywhere. I left as it did not seem to be serving many purposes, the decision to not defund them was watered down to a prissy offering of looking at other means of funding them. So it appears they must use the energy of their anger to fight the next battle.
So anger, what is its purpose and is it very useful in today’s world? Marc Chernoff writes about it as follows:
WHEN SOMEONE UPSETS us, It’s often because they aren’t behaving according to our fantasy of how they “should” behave. The frustration, then, stems not from their behaviour differs from our expectations. This is a moment for looking within.
You can’t control how other people behave. You can’t control everything that happens to you. What you can control is how you respond to it all. Your power lies in your response. Let’s practice together…
- Get comfortable with pausing.
- Respect people’s differences.
- Be compassionate
- Extend generosity and grace.
- Don’t take people’s behaviour personally.
- Talk less and learn to appreciate silence.
- Create a morning ritual that starts your day off right.
- Cope using healthy choices and alternatives
- Remind yourself of what’s right, and create more of it in the world.
What has the world written about the power that Anger has over us, here are a few of my favourites:
1. I wouldn’t suggest telling someone they are being stupid if they make you angry, that would mean there would then be two angry people in the room.
2. Known for his satirical wit and sardonic view of human nature, Ambrose Bierce earned the nickname “Bitter Bierce.” His mocking cynicism is on full display in The Devil’s Dictionary, a work that originally appeared under the title The Cynic’s Word Book. … As a short story writer, Bierce gave us many treasures: No Regrets.
3. Ralph points out simple homegrown logic in a lot of his quotes, check out this classic.
4. They say it is better to reclaim the anger than have it reclaim us by being blurted out all of a sudden: Just Give Me a Reason.
5. In the development work I do, we speak of the immature feminine and masculine, and the mature feminine and masculine. Guess in which fields an insecure personality would hang around in?
6. Anger doesn’t tend to hang around in the field of contentment: Going Through Changes.
7. The cardigan-wearing one points out what lies within when we are angry.
8. From the 16th Century, noted English poet Alexander Pope talks about anger being revenge on oneself: Smells Like Teen Spirit.
10. Not a good anxiety practice, going to bed angry: Fight for the Right.
12. From the man who found enlightenment under the Bodhi tree, why holding onto anger is so toxic: Burning Down The House.
13. Commonly known as a foot in mouth disease.
14. It’s the old one finger pointing forward, three backwards routine: Lithium.
15. The final lesson is that anger is just as important to deal with as all the other things we feel.
Everybody gets upset and loses their temper sometimes. Remind yourself that we are all more alike than we are different. When you catch yourself being angry with someone, add “just like me sometimes” Choose to let things go. Let others off the hook. Take the high road today.
Today’s playlist is anthem clad. From the 60s we begin with The Walker Brothers followed by some angst from Pink. My favourite white rapper Eminem is next, then the first of two Nirvana entries. A unique version of The Beastie Boys biggest hit will test your mettle. Talking Heads second last then back to Nirvana to finish off this great rocking playlist: You are not alone in This.
So the world does not say anger is bad all the time, I believe I need some to get my ethos, Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included to triumph over the current world conversation. Remember if you like these blogs of mine sign up to have them in your inbox on the day of creation. Until next time we meet, my dear friends.
Never Accept The Definition of Life From Others!!!
I am going through a 21-day process called Integrity and the Power of Habit via the Warriors of Love year-long training program I am in. Each week has a list of core principles, for week one they are as follows in the area of Integrity :
- Live from Embodies Essence.
- The Power of Declaration from Essence.
- Integrity – Do what you say you will do.
- With Integrity Comes Power.
- Write It Down – Put it in time.
- When Integrity falls out, we create distance.
For each of us, these principles will bring up different shadows where we could improve said integrity. I immediately noticed for me it was how I spend my mornings. I have watched ABC News Breakfast for at least an hour for the past five years. My friend Brian Johnson from Optimize, the best ten dollars you can spend on the internet: The link to Brian’s World. states that we are at our most refreshed first thing in the mornings . after we have rested our body.
So the TV is now turned off and I go for a half-hour walk wearing my absolutely fantastic Beats Bluetooth headphones listening to my morning meditation.
What do others say about the morning and how empowering it is when used to its full benefits, let’s have a look.
1. My Tibetan Buddhist school referred to him as Shakyamuni Buddha. This is about living in the present.
2. One is not the loneliest number sometimes: One.
3. A bit out of integrity with the spelling but a great message.
4. My life ethos is Love and Respect for all, Everyone Included so I cannot agree with this: One Love.
5. Celebrations, Challenges and Commitments are what we look at in the group.
6. Word Magic: Try.
7. And hopefully we all have one of these, and if we don’t, they are out there, you just have not found each other yet.
8. Refer to the Blog title…: Born This Way.
9. Is this a tautology, even if it’s not, it’s clever.
10. From the worlds most popular philosopher, Ms Unknown, the reason why early to bed, early to rise is such a great idea: Live It Up.
11. From the early and mid-1800s, Ralph speaks of the benefits the mornings offer.
12. Life is a Blessing, a powerful mantra to live life by: Blessed We Are.
13. And is all across the planet.
14. Cute cat photo of the blog: Moving On Up.
15. And for our final lesson, there are 7 billion different ways to relate to these principles.
Today’s list from Marc and Angel Chernoff is entitled: 10 WAYS Successful people START Their Mornings:
- Get an Early Start.
- Clarify and Review Your Priorities.
- Prune any nonessential commitments for the day.
- Eat a Healthy Breakfast.
- Kiss your partner good-bye.
- Practice 15 minutes of positive visualisation.
- Eat That Frog.
- Connect with the Right People.
- Stay Informed.
Today’s playlist educated me, I did not know that one of Australia’s musical icons went as far back as the sixties, but there you go. We begin with John Farnham and Bob Marley from the last century. Pink and Lady Gaga returns us to this one. Another Australian number one from Mental As Anything. Then a fantastic singalong from Peia, and we complete with some R and B from M People: Never Accept The Definition of Life From Others!!!
So here is to walking to my nearby lake in Rezza, aka Reservoir each morning. Showing myself Love and Respect For All, Everybody Included. Remember if you enjoy the subject matter of my blog, sign up on the right-hand side on the homepage. Until next time we meet, my dear friends.
There Is No House Like The House Of Belonging!!!
We had a training day for my Warriors of Love yeat long training program yesterday, that’s Sunday for the rest of my readers who don’t live in Australia. Embarrassingly due to lack of sleep, I fell asleep twice in the theoretical section of the day. But towards the end of the day, we did an amazing exercise on Belonging – as in what was our belief’s that had us not fully belong in a group of over 30 people and what did we think was the core belief of the group that prevented it.
There was an amazing range of reasons offered, some people spoke easily, others did not comment at all. For myself, my bugbear “If they truly knew how unlovable I was they would hate me” was my offering. Others covered I am afraid to shine because I will be cut off at the knees too, I can’t bring all part of my life here. They were as many and varied and unique as the diverse individuals in the group.
When we moved on to the group ethos it tied into fear of what would our lives be like if we actually achieved this. The thought crossed my mind that my worrisome and sometimes anxious identity would have to die. So what has the world said about belonging, what stops or creates a sense of community, let’s have a look:
1. Who else could we start this with but a classic Brene Brown quote?
2. As children, we will try anything because everything is a new experience, and we belong to them all: Adventure of a Lifetime.
3. British film director Anthony Minghella powerfully states the control these thoughts have over us.
4. I totally get where actor James Caan is coming with this statement: Hey Ho.
5. Not just students: children, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, ex-lovers, etc. etc.
6. I think William should have called them the superpowers: Superpower.
7. Wonder (curiosity), self-discovery, problem-solving, interaction, exploration, and play—that’s what Bev Bos taught me. Reading and writing come after these approaches to learning are established. Children learn best when they can make their own choices and set their own goals.
8. The entertainment industry is featuring heavily in this blog, musician Tom Petty directs us towards our freedom spot: Freedom.
9. That’s how powerful your story is – speak kindly to yourself.
10. More Brene, Self Love 101: Love Myself.
11. And from outside Western civilization comes proof this is a worldwide search.
12. Being the daughter of famous parents may have something to do with this quote, Gail’s mother was Lena Horne: Stormy Weather.
13. Belonging has many different meanings.
14. Being the best or most extreme example of its kind. “the ultimate accolade”: Ultimate.
15. The final lesson for today is this image because I loved it so much.
I like adding one of my friends Marc and Angel Chernoff, who wrote 1000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently lists at the end of my blogs, I have found them extremely useful on my healing journey. Todays is entitled 10 TIMELESS lessons from a Life Well Lived:
- Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed.’
- Be a student of Life every day.
- Experience is the Best Teacher.
- Your Choice, Your Actions, Your Life.
- No one is “too busy.” It’s all about priorities.
- Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you.
- It’s usually better to be kind than right.
- You can become a magnet for good things by wishing everyone well.
- Only you are in charge of your attitude.
- Satisfaction is not always the fulfilment of what you want.
Today’s playlist features Rock, Rap and Pop Diva’s. We begin with the rock of Coldplay and the Lumineers. Beyonce and Hailee Steinfeld are split by a classic Woodstock anthem from Richie Havens. The penultimate song returns to the time of World War Two from Lena Horne and we finish with a grungey rap number from Denzel Curry: There Is No House Like the House of Belonging!!!
I was thinking as we were standing in the completion circle of our Belonging process that if we achieve this it would be possible for the whole planet to come from Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included, my heart shuddered. Remember if you enjoy reading my musings you can sign up to receive them on the right-hand side of my home page. Until we meet again on the airwaves, my dear friends.
If You Focus On Change, You Will Get Results!!!
I chose todays subject from a list of productivity questions called Productivity questions to make you think. There are nine of them, here they are:
- What could you AVOID to improve your productivity?
- What is WORSE, failing or never trying?
- When it’s all SAID and DONE, will you have said more than you’ve done?
- If not NOW, then when?
- So far, what has been the primary FOCUS of your recent life?
- What do you do when you feel like giving up?
- What are you one step CLOSER to today than you were yesterday?
- What PEOPLE and ACTIVITIES energize you?
- What are you GLAD to quit?
You could spend the next month focusing on just one of them and in the resolution of it would transform your life, the one that calls to me is number 5 – So far, what has been the primary FOCUS of your recent life? My answer would have to be resolving the issues in my life that prevent me from having a partner. A little bit of history, my last serious relationship was just over ten years ago and when it broke up in less than pleasant circumstances I unconsciously made a decision that I am not going through that again and I will be single the rest of my life.
I discovered this after quite a bit of work on myself and have decided to cancel the request. Some opportunity has shown up but I still have a ways to go. So how has the world chosen to write about the focused life, here are some good ones:
1. Netflix, Netflix, Netflix!!!
2. You just have to love a great acronym: I’m Gonna Be.
3. There will always be obstacles, that is a given. It is how you handle them that will get you the outcome.
4. I used to play golf. To be any good you need extreme focus which I didn’t have: The Greatest.
5. Refer to the title of this blog.
6. People, Debts, Actions, it seems miraculous but focusing is like that, a real cleansing balm: I’m Falling Away.
7. Even in Ancient Greek time, it was a subject discussed by the great philosophers.
8. Much too cute not to include: Rabbit Song.
9. We move on from rabbits to dogs, both quotes point to the same thing.
10. I once said in a very drunken stupor to a wise woman friend that I was looking for a girlfriend. She said the same as this using different words. Sometimes hard to do when you are alone: Can’t Fight This Feeling.
11. From the world’s most well-known philosopher Ms Anonymous comes this piece of pure wisdom.
12. And here are the gifts you receive from choosing to focus: Lose Yourself.
13. And the other great philosopher, Mr Unknown.
14. We all know the noise that this is referring to, don’t we, the noise that lives in our head: Little Talks.
15. And our final lesson for the days lies in the heavily underlined word, your wants not what others want for you.
My friend Marc Chernoff writes: It is said that highly productive people recognize that not all hours are created equal, and they strategically account for this when planning their day. For most of us, our minds operate at peak performance in the morning hours when we are well-rested. So obviously it would be foolish to use this for a trivial task like reading emails. These peak performance hours should be 100 per cent focused on the tasks that bring you closer to your goals.
Today’s Focus playlist begins with the Proclaimers with that karaoke song. Sia is next then I feature an ad from Sprite. Boy and Bear lead a trio of male voices followed by REO Speedwagon and Eminem. We finish with Of Monsters and Men: If You Focus on Change, You Will Get Results!!!
I also focus on Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included. If we related to each other from this paradigm, the world would be a different place. Remember, if you wish to receive these blogs in your mail, sign up on the right-hand side of the blog. Until next time we meet, my dear friends.