Some more brilliant words from Lissa Rankin as I work my way through her excellent book the Anatomy of A Calling: The Website.
“Its easy to think we can understand the world and how it works. But then if things happen that we can’t explain, it can lead to discomfort, disorientation and even denial. When something happens that disrupts your story of how the world works, be curious. Don’t worry too much about explaining your experience. The need to know arises from the mind, which can’t begin to fathom what your heart knows is possible. What if “How”and “Why” were not the most important questions, the ones that actually help us live?. When you’re willing to stop being an expert on life, you open yourself to magic. You let life be the teacher and humble yourself as the perpetual student. That’s when the real fun begins.”
So those signs you receive in your life, do you take notice of them or do you know that it just wouldn’t work out. Lets look at some signs sayings, there are some great ones:
1. The best job I ever had in my career as editor of a national Community Development journal called Community Quarterly would have never happened if I had ignored the poorly handwritten flier – volunteers wanted in St Kilda that day in the library.
2. This is why The Universe has your Back by Gabby Bernstein is another of my favourite books, great training in listening for the signs, she also does a quote card pack: Manifesto.
3. A place definitely not to look is in your head, when you feel that energy flowing through your body, follow it to its source.
4. The cat is about to head off and find Aladdin’s Caves: Follow the Sun.
5. You don’t only get one on life. My friend Thea writes a daily, 365 days a year book. Don’t hold on when you are meant to let go.
6. We have all heard the classic joke about the man ignoring God’s messages. It may not always make sense, but we all know when our intuition is speaking to us loud and clear. Stop ignoring it: Intuition.
7. A life without borders, what level of trust would that take where we could follow each and every sign.
8. I have a friend who when she travels chooses to go the road less travelled, to follow the crooked roads. She sometimes gets lost, but her adventures are of legend: True Colours.
9. This is one sign we do not want in our relationships, practice telling your disempowered and empowered sacred love stories to each other.
10. Replace tequila with your favourite drink, mines water: Tequila.
11. I think this signs for me.
12. I think the message here is to not give the wrong signs and actions out: Hit the Road Jack.
13. Words do not get results, words with actions that follow do.
14. And don’t forget to listen to the ones of Self-Love: That’s why You’re beautiful.
15. And these are probably the most powerful signs we receive. I call it the person you would most like to ravish in your life. Thats my sacred love story about these signs in our life.
What mysteries have happened in your life, those people you thought about who SMS’d you a minute later. That dream you had years ago about the place you are now in and you know that you have been there before, these are your signs to listen too and follow.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
Coincidentally, Yoshi and I were listening to a podcast on the weekend where Ram Dass was exploring a similar topic, encouraging us to look at our world from the perspective of ‘you never know’, what something means and what will come next. I like Lissa’s advice as well, “When something happens that disrupts your story of how the world works, be curious.”