I chose todays subject from a list of productivity questions called Productivity questions to make you think. There are nine of them, here they are:
- What could you AVOID to improve your productivity?
- What is WORSE, failing or never trying?
- When it’s all SAID and DONE, will you have said more than you’ve done?
- If not NOW, then when?
- So far, what has been the primary FOCUS of your recent life?
- What do you do when you feel like giving up?
- What are you one step CLOSER to today than you were yesterday?
- What PEOPLE and ACTIVITIES energize you?
- What are you GLAD to quit?
You could spend the next month focusing on just one of them and in the resolution of it would transform your life, the one that calls to me is number 5 – So far, what has been the primary FOCUS of your recent life? My answer would have to be resolving the issues in my life that prevent me from having a partner. A little bit of history, my last serious relationship was just over ten years ago and when it broke up in less than pleasant circumstances I unconsciously made a decision that I am not going through that again and I will be single the rest of my life.
I discovered this after quite a bit of work on myself and have decided to cancel the request. Some opportunity has shown up but I still have a ways to go. So how has the world chosen to write about the focused life, here are some good ones:
1. Netflix, Netflix, Netflix!!!
2. You just have to love a great acronym: I’m Gonna Be.
3. There will always be obstacles, that is a given. It is how you handle them that will get you the outcome.
4. I used to play golf. To be any good you need extreme focus which I didn’t have: The Greatest.
5. Refer to the title of this blog.
6. People, Debts, Actions, it seems miraculous but focusing is like that, a real cleansing balm: I’m Falling Away.
7. Even in Ancient Greek time, it was a subject discussed by the great philosophers.
8. Much too cute not to include: Rabbit Song.
9. We move on from rabbits to dogs, both quotes point to the same thing.
10. I once said in a very drunken stupor to a wise woman friend that I was looking for a girlfriend. She said the same as this using different words. Sometimes hard to do when you are alone: Can’t Fight This Feeling.
11. From the world’s most well-known philosopher Ms Anonymous comes this piece of pure wisdom.
12. And here are the gifts you receive from choosing to focus: Lose Yourself.
13. And the other great philosopher, Mr Unknown.
14. We all know the noise that this is referring to, don’t we, the noise that lives in our head: Little Talks.
15. And our final lesson for the days lies in the heavily underlined word, your wants not what others want for you.
My friend Marc Chernoff writes: It is said that highly productive people recognize that not all hours are created equal, and they strategically account for this when planning their day. For most of us, our minds operate at peak performance in the morning hours when we are well-rested. So obviously it would be foolish to use this for a trivial task like reading emails. These peak performance hours should be 100 per cent focused on the tasks that bring you closer to your goals.
Today’s Focus playlist begins with the Proclaimers with that karaoke song. Sia is next then I feature an ad from Sprite. Boy and Bear lead a trio of male voices followed by REO Speedwagon and Eminem. We finish with Of Monsters and Men: If You Focus on Change, You Will Get Results!!!
I also focus on Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included. If we related to each other from this paradigm, the world would be a different place. Remember, if you wish to receive these blogs in your mail, sign up on the right-hand side of the blog. Until next time we meet, my dear friends.