In her chapter Discernment is Everything – When the negative serves the positive Danielle LaPorte pens the following piece:
My new life is Golden
After I learned how to breathe under water
I knew that my lungs had all the answers.
My skills in courage were as follows:
swallowing terror whole
making good use of disgust
boring a hole in my kitchen floor with my tears
loving like what I loved was the only child ever to be
born of the sun and the moon
changing my mind while naked
making a new vow (only one)
leaning back and taking deeply deep breaths of space
watching the Universe reveal all of us to me.
My reward is as follows:
I get to go wherever I want now and always,
under water or
to that golden spot that I thought was only a dream
but is now my new life breathing me.
I can read the discernment in this and love her statement about being discerning:
Being discerning is not the same as being judgemental. Discernment is big-minded and awake. Judgement is narrow-minded and operates in the dark. Discernment is our wisdom coming to life.
How do we discern, how does the world discern? Let’s have a look by taking a journey around the globe:
1. Now that would be a breakthrough for all of us to relate to our lives in that way.
2. Let’s raise our courage levels so we know when to do the latter and not spend our life suffering: Walk Away.
3. It takes going to the edge to see discernment over judgement, are you willing?
4. Is your Facebook feed chock full of events run by your friends and ones that Facebook thinks fit in with your lifestyle. Time to use your inner wisdom as to which ones you attend: Invited.
5. Four interesting definitions of discernment, choosing and acting appeal to me.
6. Often people drop the first word and never reach the stage of discernment: Sound Judgement.
7. How often is your head held high in these situations?
8. I just spent three hours in a workshop today listening to the cost of giving your power away to the deity known as the religious god and that we were above this, this quote reminds me of the power George said we give away: Embrace The Day.
9. Don’t go into your life with your eyes closed.
10. Don’t let it be such a secret in your life that it impedes your chance of success: No Secrets.
11. Why I left the home pf the original sin many years ago.
12. Andy Stanley is a pastor. First thing on his google entry is – What do you do when you’re no longer content with what you wear, drive, or live in? Followed by Character, Influence, Spiritual Growth. One could ask what these two statements have to do with the prophecy of love that Jesus Christ was spreading: Doing it Wrong.
13. Love the combination of discernment and vision. Actions that will open us up.
14. To me unrenewed is when you live your life from a poor me mentality and discernment is when you are willing to confront those parts of yourself that aren’t so nice but you hold them in your heart and see what comes from that: Suspicious Minds.
15. In other words don’t push it down someone else’s throat.
Discernment isn’t easily swayed, because it has a strong sense of self. It means you will stop falling for anything and listen to your intuition more readily, building a stronger nature.
A mixture of the feminine and the masculine in today’s music – Malcolm Brown, Drake and Fine Young Cannibals from our kingdom and Christine Aguilera, Ziona, Naomi Striemer and Missy Higgins from our queens.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.