Let’s relate to how we think about the functions of our body compared to the function of our mind. We just go about our business walking, driving , working and playing without really focusing on it. In contrast let’s enter our mind, Can I really trust her, do they like me, What if I forget what I am meant to say on stage, etc. etc. etc. Our body communicates through its universal language: fear. Self-Consciousness, jealousy, insecurity, anxiety – they are all fear. The mind is trying to give you what you want on a 24 hour basis, unfortunately the world does not work that way.
Looking outside yourself for the answer is looking in the wrong direction, the answer lies within. Imagine what fun life would be if you didn’t have to deal with those ongoing neurotic thoughts. You could enjoy things, and you could get to know people instead of needing them.
What would the planet have to say about that solution, let’s take that journey:
1. Give up the addiction of the necessary.
2. They talk about millionaire mindset, because you have to have the ability to lose it as well as make it, most people never reach this plateau: Losing Control.
3. When was the last time you were truly amazed by something in your life?
4. Donald Arthur Carson is a Canadian-born, Reformed Evangelical theologian and professor of the New Testament. Writing books is D.A’s thing, Carson has written or edited 57 books, many of which have been translated into Chinese.
5. I call it Interculturalism – Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included.
6. Eagles fly above the storm clouds, they are truly free of the effect of the storm: Eagle Flying.
7. Albert Camus ( 7 November 1913 – 4 January 1960) was a French philosopher, author, and journalist. His views contributed to the rise of the philosophy known as absurdism. He wrote in his essay The Rebel that his whole life was devoted to opposing the philosophy of nihilism while still delving deeply into individual freedom. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature at the age of 43 in 1957, the second youngest recipient in history.
8. We are sent here to do what we ought, time to begin: Freedom.
9. From one of the great peace disciples of the world, Thich Nhat Hanh attributes freedom to the universal force of love.
10. Walk straight towards you fears, and magically on the other side lies that freedom you have always been seeking: Riders on the Storm.
11. Alignment with honour, not something we see much in mainstream media these days.
12. Did it instantly come to you who Jonathan was, one of the most read transformational books of the 1970’s Jonathan Livingstone Seagull is worthy of a read at any stage of your life: Richard Bach Quotes.
13. The mind would have to be relatively quite to attain this state, I feel.
14. As a choir member and a closet shower singer, I would have ot agree with this wholeheartedly: When I fall in Love.
15. Adyashanti, author of The Way of Liberation, Falling into Grace, True Meditation, and The End of Your World, is an American-born spiritual teacher devoted to serving the awakening of all beings. His teachings are an open invitation to stop, inquire, and recognize what is true and liberating at the core of all existence.
Your mind has very little control over this world. It cannot control the weather and other natural forces. Nor can it control all people,places and things around you You have given your mind an impossible task by asking it to manipulate the world in order to fix your personal inner problems. Your mind is not qualified for that job. Fire it , and let go of your inner problems instead.
This blog is loosely based on the Untethered Soul by Michael Singer, which I am really enjoying re-reading after several years.
The music for this blog goes back to the 70’s with Richie Havens, The Doors and Richard Bach. A choir – Aquapella World Music Choir and the magnificent voice of Andrea Bocelli are closed off with Russ and a song from Moana.
Namaste until next time my dear friends.