My Chinese english student Ginny isn’t coming today, her husband is flying back home so she has to drive him to the airport so I am listening to music and writing todays blog. I thought music would be a great subject to write about. I have 40,000 tunes on my Itunes, I’m a bit addicted, always have been since a young age.
I have been a door-bitch for my musical friends for over 30 years, I love most types of music and support the theory most eras produce some talented people. At the moment Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds are playing on my iPhone. I saw him in the Birthday Party many years ago, always worth a listen.
How do you relate to music , does it pump you up, slow you down or both, let’s have a look what they say about it:
1. How did you choose your favourite songs? First Love, divorce, losing your virginity are often memorable times.
2. Thats why we part with our hard earned cash to go and see the greats. They combine words and silence that fills our heart with joy: That’s what I Like.
3. Your music rends to relief the pain, It’s your gateway to your soul.
4. Friedrich Nietsche is considered on of the great philosophers. At the age of 44 he had a complete breakdown and was cared for by his mother and then his sister until his death 11 years later: Without Music.
5. Backstreet Boy member has had an extraordinary life for 20 years thanks to his musical ability. He is very grateful for it.
6. Had to laugh at this one, probably true for me though: Life is like a Song.
7. What is your soul music, Mine is beautiful deep songs by female singer songwriters.
8. Have had many of these outbursts over my 62 years, the last was at a Safer Youssef, a mystical experience: Soupir Eternel.
9. I always thought that I couldn’t sing until I met my friend Kavisha Mazzella, an award winning singer songwriter and beautifully hearted soul and my choir leader, you can listen to her at http://www.kavisha.com.
10. There are so many songs that fill my dreams, what are yours: Dream a little Dream of Me.
11. Love an acronym, this is a powerful one.
12. I have made many a good friend I met at music gigs watching bands we both appreciated: Make you feel my Love.
13. Passion, Joy, Heartbreak, Power. All have their specific songs.
14. The Bard, taught at most western English speaking schools , you either loved or hated him. His words could make the earth shudder, didn’t know he discover earth music though: Earth Song.
15. I went to a funeral of a friends father. He had them play Smoke, Smoke that Cigarette as one of the tunes. He died from lung cancer. I haven’t chosen the music for mine yet, I may not have heard it yet.
Music is a constant part of our lives, some of it we love , other styles we hate. My big secret, I love pop divas, very uncool in the live music scene.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.