How often have you asked yourself this question? They say that you make your prime decision about your life by the age of seven years old, then spend the rest of your life surviving it via therapy or being in the winner’s circle.
Over to my friend Marc Chernoff to provide a list that will support us in this area. It is called 12 choices your future self will thank you for:
When life pushes you over, stand up and push back even harder, when there is a fork in the road and choices to make, make the ones your future self will thank you for:
1. Choosing you – The most exhausting activity is pretending to be who you know you aren’t.
2. Appreciating what you have – Sometimes, when you make the most out of what you have, it turns out to be a lot more than you ever imagined.
3. Believing in yourself and your dreams – Believe in you. Listen to your soul.
4, Being positive – You can’t live a positive life with a negative attitude.
5. Taking action – The happiest and most successful people are usually those who have broken the chains of procrastination.
6. Letting Go – The biggest step in changing the world around you is to change the world within you.
7. Picking yourself back up – Sometimes when things go wrong it’s because they would have turned out worse if they had gone right.
8. Ignoring negative people – You are not a rug; some people may try to walk all over you, but you don’t have to lie there and take it.
9. Staying in touch with close friends and family – There comes a time in life you’ll have to leave everything behind for a while and start something new, but never forget the people who stood by your side.
10. Making time for fun – Fun is way underrated.
11. Spreading Love and Kindness – The happiness surrounding you is greatly affected by the choices you make every day.
12. Being the change you want to see in the world – Don’t tell others how to live; live and let them watch you.
So what has the human race said about being enough, let’s have a look
1. Three powerful statements on self love there.
2. Love the last line: Never Stop.
3. Time to break down the walls.
4. And to stop pretending: Worth It.
5. Read the handwriting.
6. Having these in your heart definitely brings out the strength in you: You Say.
7. What a great name: Badass Warrior Queen.
8. I love memes with hearts in them: Fight Song.
9. Some powerful I statements here.
10. Some great words from our curly-haired genius: Somewhere over the Rainbow.
11. What are your personal avatars?
12. All hail Brene: Love Myself.
13. That why all the good books say self-love first and foremost.
14. These boots are made for walking: Boots.
15. And the last offering comes from the cardigan-wearing one, Eckhart Tolle reminding us of the treasure we all have within:
So choose to spread love to one person a day, beginning with yourself would be a grand idea. Imagine the amount of happiness you can spread in a lifetime, day by day.
Today on the playlist we have an all-women lineup. We have something for the young and not so young. Two bands unknown to me start us off. The Brand New Heavies and Fifth Harmony, both have millions of followers. Lauren Daigle and Rachel Platten belt out a couple of anthems next. Then back in time to Judy Garland, the penultimate number is from Hailee Steinfeld and we finish with Nancy Sinatra: Are You Enough?
This actually is take two of this blog, I got one quote from the end and poof, it disappeared. But I had to mention my ethos, Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included and my ever-growing Facebook group calledInterculturalism. We would love you to join us to spread love and respect around the planet.
Until we meet again, my dear friends.