Is the above statement impossible? What amazingly achievable things did you do today that will they make the difference you wish to on the planet. This is a quite common thought process I have when I am not sure and there does not appear to be much evidence they are. Another list from my friends Marc and Angel Chernoff that points out some simple things we can do:
1. Smile – Smiling actually makes you happier.
2. Treat everyone with kindness and respect – even those who are rude to you, because you do.
3. Perform one selfless act – In life, you get what you put in.
4. Avoid needless drama and those who create it – life is too short to spend time with people who suck the joy out of you.
5. Think of the positives – Stop being afraid of what could go wrong.
6. Inject a little love into the world around you – Love what you are doing, Love where you are, Love the people you are with.
7. Take decisive and immediate action on something that needs to get done – You can’t change anything or make any real-world progress without action
8. Follow your intuition when making decisions – Only time will tell, but our human instincts are rarely wrong.
9. Spend time on something you believe in – Follow your heart today.
10. Meet someone new – You’ll be surprised at the lessons they teach you.
11. Exercise and Eat Healthy – Those who exercise have a higher sense of self-accomplishment and self-worth.
12. Be a student of life – If you stay ready, you don’t have to get ready when great opportunities arise.
So how has society commented on what is and how do we achieve over time, here are a few of my favourites:
1. Not everyone will agree with you.
2. Imagine the resolve it would have taken to be an African American tennis player who won Wimbledon in the 1970s: Anything You Can Do.
3. The Japanese understand vision and action.
4. Add an arrow to your quiver every day: My Heart Scares You and a Gun Doesn’t.
5. Being versus doing your goals, different animals.
6. What if they say no: Permission.
7. And you can fall off the end of the earth.
8. Another way of saying it is to Find your Why: Respect.
9. Lautner was born on February 11, 1992, in Grand Rapids, Michigan, the son of Deborah and Daniel Lautner. His mother works for a software development company, while his father was a Midwest Airlines pilot. He has one younger sister named Makena. Raised as a Roman Catholic, Lautner has Austrian, Dutch, English, French, German, Irish, and Swiss ancestry, and has stated that he has “distant” Native American ancestry (specifically Ottawa and Potawatomi) through his mother. He grew up in Hudsonville, Michigan, a town near Grand Rapids. He has stated that he was bullied in school because he was an actor. He commented, “I just had to tell myself ‘I can’t let this get to me. This is what I love to do. And I’m going to continue doing it.’
10. People miss the point of this song. It’s not arguing that you should sit around, wish for things, and not take any action. It’s arguing that you should never give up hope: When You Wish Upon A Star.
11. Every action must simply become that, an action that takes you forward or backward from where you are before you took it.
12. If you build the door, it will open for you: Hound Dog and Dialogue.
13. Dan wrote a book called How Many People Does It take to Make a Difference, what do you think the answer is?
14. What are your courageous dreams?: Empire State of Mind.
15. And for our final lesson, we visit another musical score.
Marc and Angel say the following question is the one they get asked the most, ” What can I start doing today to make my life happier and more rewarding?” Take on some of the above actions and I am sure that this will occur in your life.
The playlist today contains two show tunes and a track from over 60 years ago by a legend. We begin with Annie Get Your Gun then two newbies to me via Harley x Joker and Ro James. Aretha Franklin belts it out live next. Jiminy Cricket croons the next show tune. Elvis is our 60-year-old contribution and we finish with Alicia Keys: Be Vewy, Vewy Quiet. We’re Hunting Vampires!!!
We all have different things we want to achieve in our lives, one of my main ones is to have Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included be the world paradigm. I will need a few of the above actions on a daily basis, methinks. until we meet again, my dear friends.