Have you seen it, I’ve watched it five times, etc. etc.. I’m talking about the latest Netflix sensation, Brene Brown’s special The Call to Courage. I’ve watched it once but have viewed everything on Youtube several times over the years. The title of this blog is one of her quotes, and when her last book Dare to Lead was released I pre-ordered it three times by mistake, my two friends I gifted it to were rapt.
I have read every book she has written at least twice because she is a great writer and makes it easy to receive many aha moments per page. Let’s list them:
- The Gifts of Imperfection.
- Daring Greatly.
- I Thought It Was Just Me: But It Isn’t.
- Rising Strong.
- Rising Strong As A Spiritual Practice.
- The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting.
- The Power of Vulnerability.
- Braving The Wilderness.
- Connections Curriculum – 12 Sessions.
- Dare To Lead – Brave Work.
- Women and Shame, Reaching Out.
Oops, I have not read them all after seeing the list, two to go. I put Brene Brown quotes in Ecosia Images, I use Ecosia search engine ILO Google because of the fact they plant a tree for each click, and there were hundreds, it’s like all of her words are a quote that can transform your life. These are the ones I have chosen, It’s time for some Brene bliss:
1. These days of the online world, they are called Trolls.
2. And the booby prize is …: Perfectionist Complex.
3. Don’t forget the little things, remember to stop and smell the Roses.
4. If you only do what you know what you feel safe doing, the word boring comes to mind. Time to step up to mistake land: Another Lifetime.
5. Happy, Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy, Joy.
6. My marketing mentor laughed at me when I said I could do research for everybody. Andrew said, what about working with people you like working with, find the others: They must deserve It.
7. We are not Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, at the base of it all, we are all human.
8. Shadow and Light travel together, attempting to ignore the shadow is pure bullshit, the pain will remain and return tenfold until you are willing to deal with it: Growing Pains.
9. For me, it lives in the realm of what we don’t know we don’t know.
10. Kur-it. This is why my English students often stare at me with strange looks when I pronounce words for them: Reach Out.
11. Repeat after me, I am Enough. Repeat after me, I am Enough, etc. etc…
12. And at the base of it all, there is Love: Love Myself.
13. How do you respond when a beloved shares their life with you?
14. To be totally balanced in our bodies, we need to feel it all: Comfortably Numb.
15. And fro Brene’s final lesson, it’s a long one and a doozy. If all you get is the aha moment from this one then Brene has done her job.
My top three: Daring Greatly, Rising Strong and Dare to Lead. It is also worth checking out her website, her free resources are awesome: Access to all Things Brene.
The playlist begins with two newbies to me, Jubyphonic and Nao. The spoken word has of course to be Brene, that’s next. Pop diva Alessia Cara follows and then we go way back to The Four Tops. Then my favourite Self Love song from Hailee Steinfeld and Pink Floyd close the set: My Story Matters Because I Matter.
So that’s my love letter to Brene Brown. She would be a fan of my lifetime paradigm: Love and Respect for All: Everybody Included. Until next time we meet, my dear friends.