So, its the day after the Warriors of Love retreat and a feel many kilos of dross lighter. We looked at the power of choice in quite a rigorous and at time lighthearted way. I picked up a new nickname to go along with Tiny Tim and DF, I have to use the initials as the whole name and story behind it would not pass #Metoo guidelines these days. The latest addition is Naughty Boy. Here is some info about the Warriors of Love: Enter the Portal.
We worked with the distinctions The Loop and As it Is and What I Choose. I struggled with this for quite a time as the concept there are always consequences after making a choice got in the way. I got it in the end though.
So how has humanity worded choice over the centuries, let’s take that journey:
- This quote is talking to you , not your circumstances.
2. This is an ongoing inquiry that ends when they throw the dirt on your coffin: The Path to Wisdom.
3. Two words, great list.
4. All hail Queen Oprah: Every Sperm Is Sacred.
5. Probably been replaced with the word journalling these days.
6. Trust the gut feeling and get the fuck out of there: Diamonds.
7. Luckily for me, my siblings are amongst my dearest friends, are yours?
8. What if you daily choices were that free: How Far I’ll Go.
9. Your awesomely wonderful life isn’t choosing, your heart-space is.
10. Blogger turned New York Times best-selling author and speaker Mandy Hale is the creator of the social media movement, “The Single Woman.” With a heart to inspire single women to live their best lives and to never, ever settle, Mandy cuts to the heart of the matter with her inspirational, straight-talking, witty, and often wildly humorous take on life and love. Mandy’s message reaches literally millions of women across the world every day through her blog, books, and social media platforms: I am Woman.
11. I found this one on consequences.
12. How many day and moments do you choose this: Can’t Stop The Feeling.
13. When was that again, Today?
14. Feeling life instead of just attending it, that would be novel: Freedom.
15. And for your final lesson, realise that where you choices take you is your own unique journey, the one meant for you.
We will finish with one of my friend Marc Chernoff’s lists, Ten Timeless Lessons/Choices from a Life Well Lived:
- Happiness cannot be travelled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed.
- Be a student of life every day.
- Experience is the best teacher.
- Your choices, your actions, your life.
- No one is “too busy” It’s all about priorities.
- Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you.
- It’s usually better to be kind than be right.
- You can become a . magnet for good things by wishing everybody well.
- Only you are in charge of your attitude.
- Satisfaction is not always the fulfilment of what you want.
I have taken up the practice of including a relative unknown song on the playlist. Its begins todays and is by Mr. 48 Alec Verkuilen. The next track speaks to the light side of the weekend and is by the Monty Python crew. Then back to my beloved pop divas with a number by Rihanna. A track from a musical follows from Auli’i Cravalho. An ode to women from Jordin Sparks is before the penultimate track by Justin Timberlake and we finish with the iconic Beyonce: From Where We Are, There is Always a Pathway To Love.
Remember to sign up to the email miss so you don’t miss out on my latest blogs. Each is based in Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included: