As Nelson Mandela said, “It always seems impossible until it is done.” Marc and Angel Chernoff, in their wonderful life-aspiring book Getting Back To Happy: Link to Get It. have the following to say about this quote:
“Any goal you might have might seem impossible when looked at as a whole. The trick is recognising that it doesn’t have to happen all at once. Small acts of positive intention will only help to strengthen your resolve, reignite your passion for living, and. ultimately make it easier for you to turn your life for the better.
It’s important to remember that no act of changing your situation will cause regression, as long as that act is positive and intentional. With this in mind, one simple thing to start with when things are getting stressful, and your passion for taking action is sapped, is to take ten minutes taking a walk to clear your mind. A short walk does wonders. It gives you something new to look at, gets your body moving, and is a quick way to get yourself physically out of your present situation.”
On that ten minute walk we get to remember our passion, to reignite it, here are some of my favourite quotes on the subject of my and your passion:
1. Self Love 101.
2. Gabby Bernstein walks the talk of this quote: Tap Into The Power of Presence.
3. Time to Wake Up!!
4. One of my top ten, here’s some Maya: Still I Rise.
5. Your passion is your gift to the world, please fulfil it.
6. What is you favourite dance floor, time to go there: Dancing Queen.
7. How to get over your fear of heights, don the parachute.
8. Four simple letters that will transform your life: Love has come to Town.
9. From the world most quoted, Ms. Anonymous come a moment to remember when it gets tough.
10. They say that going down to the sea and watching the power of the ocean is a potent way to get in touch with your passion as you see whats possible: We Belong to the Sea.
11. No words needed.
12. I think this has been forgotten in standard education circles. One must go and seek out the education that does this for them these days: Light My Fire.
13. Your life suddenly becomes the long way home when you miss it.
14. Yes, it is. Free form Conscious dancing at 64: Dancing In The Streets.
15. Another passion of mine: More Love Letters.
Marc and Angel continue:
” Many of us are still hopelessly trying to find our passion – something we believe will ultimately lead us closer to happiness, success, or the life situation we ultimately want. And we say hopelessly primarily because passion can’t really be found. When we say we’re trying to find our passion, it implies our passion is somehow hiding behind a tree or under a rock somewhere. But that’s far from the truth. The truth is, our passion comes from doing things right. If you’re waiting to somehow “find your passion” somewhere outside of yourself, so you finally have a reason to put your whole heart and soul into your life and the changes you need to make, you’ll likely be waiting around for an eternity.
On the other hand, if you’re tired of waiting, and you’d rather live more passionately starting today and experience small positive changes, it’s time to proactively inject passion into the very next thing you do. Think about it:
1. When was the last time you sat down and had a conversation with someone you love, with zero distractions and 100 percent focus?
2. When was the last time you exercised and put every bit of effort you could muster into it?
3. When was the last time you truly tried – truly tried – to do your very best?
Stop waiting for better opportunities. The one you have in front of you is the best opportunity.
Todays playlist contains wise words, classic songs and a sea shanty. Firstly Gabby Bernstein and Maya Angelou pass on their wisdom, then two classics from Abba and Talking Heads. Aqua then take us down to the sea, The Doors light our fire and Martha nad the Vandellas close the set having us dance in the streets. Here’s the link to the videos, enjoy: Purpose Is The Reason You Journey.
Namste until next time, my dear friends: