I was going to write this blog on what had been added to my persona from doing Awakening Connection, Level 2 last weekend. But there are not a lot of quotes about adding things so instead, I am using one of my new vows: I vow to have an open heart all the time. This is a new daily practise for me, as society trained me not too, from early on in my family to cultural expectations as I grew up. It peaked as mental health issues and six hospitalisations in 5 years. I discovered the conscious community of Melbourne at 59 and have been on a heart-opening journey ever since.
I was reading my friend Mark Chernoff’s 1000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently and was drawn to a list he has created to write a life story worth living: He begins with:
When writing the story of your life, don’t let someone else hold the pen. Make conscious choices every day that align your actions with your values and your dreams; the way you live each day is a sentence in the story of your life. Each day, you choose whether the sentence ends with a period, a question mark, or an exclamation point. Here are Marc’s ten ideas and my added one for writing a story worth living:
- Find a passion that makes you come alive.
- Work hard on that passion.
- Live happily in your own way.
- Change your path when you must, but keep moving forward.
- When the going gets tough, keep fighting.
- Let go of the past and live consciously in the present,
- Embrace new ideas, lessons, and challenges.
- Appreciate the little things in life that mean a lot.
- Live honourably through kindness.
- Spend quality time with people you love.
- Keep your heart open at all times.
What does the human race say about having an open heart, here are a few of my favourites:
1. Vulnerability, Open Heart, Brene Brown – Snap!!!
2. Can you hear it across your airwaves? open your heart: Gorgeous Heart Chakra Music.
3. Shadow and Light, as we open our hearts, at times it will break or be broken.
4. Not a second Ferrari, or a yacht, or beach house: Smooth.
5. The long journey was finally over as her heart opened fully.
6. Debra is the International Best-selling author of Soul-Hearted Living; A Year of Sacred Reflections & Affirmations for Women, Being Love: How Loving Yourself Creates Ripples of Transformation in Your Relationships and the World (Inspired Living Publishing) and the author of Soul-Hearted Partnership: The Ultimate Experience of Love, Passion, and Intimacy, which garnered four book awards including the Eric Hoffer award.: Unconditional Love.
7. Love and Respect For All, Everybody Included.
8. What a gift to yourself, the sky is now yours, well done: To the Sky.
9, I have begun noticing the differences in the past week.
10. These are the things that will travel with your heart as well: Who You Are.
11. To achieve the opening there are things we need to let go of, it takes practice.
12. Carlos Santana, one wise dude around this subject: Peace Train.
13. At 65, I can’t do the pose, but I can open my heart to life.
14. What you hear with your heart open is extraordinary, a librarian gave me her number unsolicited because she wanted to continue our conversation, I had met her 20 minutes earlier: Seasons of Love.
15. As the cardiganed one, Eckhart Tolle says over and over, The Power of Now.
What does living with an open heart allow for? My friend Marc sums it up pretty well: Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards. The past is a good place to visit on occasion, but not a great place to stay. Don’t waste time trying to relive or change your past when you have priceless moments unfolding in front of you right now.
Today’s playlist begins with some Chakra Music by Divine Love. Then Santana’s track that relaunched their career. Tupac raps it out next. Owl City, who are new to me are next, I love owls. Jessie J is today’s pop diva offering. The penultimate track is Cat Stevens and we complete with a musical number from the cast of Rent: Open Heart, Open Arms, Open Mind, Open Eyes.
My world paradigm: Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included relies on more and more people reaching this euphoric state. Until we next meet again, my dear friends. Remember you can subscribe to my blog on the right-hand side of the main page.