Cleaning up I found Marc and Angel Chernoff’s great so not little book 1000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently. I flipped it open and the tale was How to Walk on Water. The premise was there was a child running into the shallows and Marc asked him what was he doing? Trying to walk on water he replied.
Marc gave him 9 pieces of advice, here’s the list
1. Make sure you were born to walk on water
2. Decide that nothing can stop you
3. Work on it for real
4. Let the whole world know what you’re up to
5. Value the people who value your ambitions
6. Ignore the negative naysayers
7. Prepare your self for the pain
8. Enjoy the pain of your greatest challenges
9. Never give up! Never Quit!
Each have a vignette of words underneath them , I especially liked number five, so today we discuss being valued. I hold the work of Marc and Angel as being value so here is the link to their webpage www.marcandangel.com
1. Everybody who has ever lost someone at an early age before their time was expected to end knows the effect of this quote, love and hugs your way.
2. HHDL says we are making a big mistake these days, we value things, not people and it should be the other way around. Reverse that car, baby: Diamonds
3. My friend Yoko runs a natural food cafe and recently started charging 50 cents for takeaway containers. She posted that only one person had abused her for it and that other people were starting to bring their own containers. the feedback of support she got was amazing. Don’t give in ot the one.
4. Oscar wrote this some time in the 19th century, do you think we have listened to him, Not: Love doesn’t cost a Thing.
5. No words needed really.
6. Translates to self love , really: Roar.
7. You cannot take your assets with you, your actions are what remains in the conversations of those left behind.
8. it’s often when we face loss that this quote hits home: Thanks for the Memories.
9. Can’t take it with you again.
10. Buffett is a notable philanthropist, having pledged to give away 99 percent of his fortune to philanthropic causes, primarily via the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. In 2009, with Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg, Warren founded The Giving Pledge, whereby billionaires pledge to give away at least half of their fortunes. I like this value: Give it Away.
11. You get the final say, everything else is dross.
12. Remember your worth, It’s time to say goodbye to that someone: Beautiful.
13. If they only fit you in when it suits them, It’s time to move on.
14. What will they think, what if……., etc. etc. Value yourself and this goes away: Closer.
15. And for the final point, always value kindness, spread some of its magic value today.
I love the lists of Marc and Angel Chernoff, they are in my top ten on the net, I recommend you check them out.
Namaste until next time , my dear friends