OK, fess up, who instantly thought of the four letter word when they saw the title of todays blog. That’s because the subject it is about is one that society has a total struggle with, forgiveness. A Course In Miracles says – …holding no prisoner to guilt, we become free. Maybe you can’t move along your career path because you haven’t forgiven yourself for a mistake you made in the past or maybe you remember the time you hurt somebody or they hurt you and you are afraid of being that intimate again.
There are oodles of forgiveness quotes, I put this down to the fact that society has such a quandary with it. What has been said over the years, let’s have a look:
1. Perhaps the greatest example of this is when Nelson Mandela walked out of the prison on Robben Island after 27 years.
2. How beautiful is this piece of sage advice, locked in and noted: Heal the Wound.
3. Revered the world over for his nonviolent philosophy of passive resistance, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was known to his many followers as Mahatma, or “the great-souled one.” He forgave one nation to create another.
4. You don’t go to a gym to get this sort of strength, it is definitely on the inner plain: You Raise Me Up.
5. You can use your memories to treat people harshly or perhaps you forgive them for being human.
6. Because this is where not forgiving can take you. If you wish to see how poisonous it can be watch mainstream media: I have a Dream.
7. I have a friend who has not spoken to his sister for 5 years over an “incident”. They were over 30 when it happened.
8. My mother once sent me a postcard with a ship on it asking if that was how I was returning to Australia. I don’t think I had seen her for three months. I didn’t realise she was that funny: Mother.
9. Write out the apology you would like and then burn it so it is in the ether, you know you will never receive it in the flesh, stop hurting yourself.
10. A powerful lesson, think before you put your foot in your mouth, the repercussions are costly: Words.
11. Bryant McGill is one of the most virally shared and read authors online in the world today. His articles have reached more people on social media than any top shared article, by any other writer or media outlet including the New York Times, Barack Obama, Huffington Post, or CNN.
12. I remember a time in my life when if my mother said white I would say black. My sister pointed out that I still retain a little of this towards her, at 62 and 90 it is time to forgive her for what I think happened between us and hold on to the hope of tomorrow: Hold onto Hope Love.
13. It’s a two way street.
14. Can you smell it, remember to give time to smelling the flowers: Supermarket Flowers.
15. Time to set yourself free, Unlock the door.
A morning reflection to end on from May Cause Miracles by Gabby Bernstein
For today I commit to letting go of my past. In this moment I choose to release all the pent-up anger and resentment I have placed on myself. I welcome even a moment of release. I forgive myself for my past, my present and my future. I trust that I am love and that all my life’s experiences have been divinely placed for me to learn and grow. I’ve done the best I can with my life’s circumstances, and today the best I can do is forgive. I forgive myself today.
Namaste until next time , my dear friends