Fast forward to December 2019. You’re sitting at home pondering the year that’s been…What’s next? My friend Emeli and her crew wrote this as a sub-heading under 2019, ideal vision in Lifebook 2019 On Purpose: Get in Contact.
Em asks 8 questions, they are as follows:
- Who are You? What have you achieved? Where do you want to be?
- List the top three reasons you want this vision.
- Who do you want to be in 2019? List three small actions you can take to make a big change.
- What advice would you give to yourself in a year’s time?
- What books do you want to have read?
- What places do you want to have travelled to?
- What hobbies will you have started?
- Who would you have kissed more? Hugged more? Made, deep, deep love to?
So, if you are deeply ensconced in your humanity, you will have up and down periods over the year, so what are some of the favourite quotes about the year that was, let’s take a stroll down that lane:
1. Andriy Shevchenko is a soccer player and politician who made Champions League history; on 23 November 2005, he scored all four goals in Milan’s 4–0 group stage drubbing of Fenerbahçe, becoming only the fifth player to accomplish this feat; his company includes Marco van Basten, Simone Inzaghi, Dado Pršo and Ruud van Nistelrooy (while Lionel Messi joined that group in the 2009–10 season and Robert Lewandowski in 2012–13), and the only one to have done it in an away game.
2. By the worlds most prolific quote writer, Ms Unknown, the world gets you: Golden Years.
3. Don’t forget to include the fun factor as well as the hard work during 2019.
4. Two words: Simon & Garfunkel: Frank Lloyd Wright
5. Each of us reaches this revelation at different stages in our lives, will you do it in 2019?
6. And some of it you dread and other bits you say Fuck, Yes too: After All These Years.
7. For the sisters.
8. René Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke, better known as Rainer Maria Rilke, was a Bohemian-Austrian poet and novelist. He is “widely recognized as one of the most lyrically intense German-language poets. Obviously, Maria must have been a strong family name to be chosen to keep: Best thing I never Had.
9. One of the shortest professional tennis players ever, Michael’s Chinese name (simplified Chinese: 张德培; traditional Chinese: 張德培; pinyin: Zhāng Dépéi) was chosen by Joe, his father and his English name by Betty, his mother (who named him after her father).
10 Hurts so bad but living so good, great line: Hurt So Bad.
11. Can you genuinely say this?
12. Thirty, the new …..?: The Prime Time of Your Life.
13, Just, because I can.
14. Will it fill up your 1,000-litre cup: A Thousand Years.
15. And the final message is for my beloved Warriors of Love.
Emeli also stated: that we can spend all day making lists of the external ‘stuff’ we want like clothes, cars etc. But what really drives us. I will leave you with that question to ponder over the months of 2019.
Last century songs outnumber the 2000’s in tonight’s playlist. We begin with David Bowie, then further back to Simon and Garfunkel. Some rock from Journey follows, then we move forward to Beyonce. Another oldie from Linda Rondstat, then we finish with two tunes written after the 2YK crisis by Daft Punk and Christina Perri: Drop the Last Year into the limbo of the Past.
So I have a request, in 2019 spread the ethos of Love and Respect for All, Everybody Included amongst your communities, workplaces, families and love relationships.