Just got back from a weekend retreat with my mentor Arion Light: The Activation School. We never know what new surprising empowerment will be served up. This weekend it was an initiation. So what does society define an initiation as, here’s the Google definition:
1.the action of admitting someone into a society or group, typically with a ritual.“rituals of initiation”
synonyms: beginning, starting, commencement
2.the action of beginning something.“the initiation of legal proceedings”
synonyms: introduce, admit, let, induct, install, instate, incorporate, ordain, invest, enlist, enrol, recruit, sign up, swear in;convert
I think ordain is the closest to what I felt on the weekend because it felt like being introduced to a whole new cut at life. So how has society commented on the noble art of initiation over the years, let’s have a look:
1. It is, or it isn’t: why would you choose the latter, yet I know I do. Inition helped me greatly with hanging around with it is.
2. My friend says she became another person when this happened for her at a very late stage in her life, from the mothers I know there seems to be a lot of truth in it: I Got You.
3. I’m not sure if we all felt this at the end of the ceremony, but the sense of love within the room was palpable.
4. They say a life that is spent in reacting and responding to day to day situations and circumstances is stressful, let’s initiate life from today: Shape of You.
5. It’s a lifetime journey, my dear friends.
6. That’s why I and the participants are in the Activators program, the love of learning how to live a better life: Good Life.
7. One of the first spiritual books I read,The Way of the peaceful Warrior. Dan Millman was a world class gymnast when he had a horrific motorcycle accident. The book is about his journey to recovery with his teacher.
8. We were just waking up who we already were: The Crazy Ones.
9. Within first, then the without joins in happily.
10. I wonder what I and you have written on your internal sticky notes: Song for the Inner Child.
11. We weren’t learning how to initiate this, ours was about love.
12. This was part of my initiation, I spent a lot of time having the thought, WTF is going on: Full of Shit.
13. The initiation for me was to release the last two statements.
14. You can’t know it all, yes, he and I are talking to you: In case you didn’t know everything.
15. Finally from one of the greatest philosophers to walk the planet, something that must be included in any effective initiation: Gratitude or celebration as we practice it in the Activators Program.
We were asked to make a final statement at the end of the weekend, mine were rapturous contentment
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.