Have you ever heard of Marc and Angel Chernoff? They wrote a magnificent book 1,000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently a few years ago. It is great list upon great list that help you lead an outstanding life. If you would like a copy of it, act fast, Marc and Angel are taking it out of circulation soon to update it, here is the link: Marc and Angels book. Did I mention Angel is a Facebook friend of mine, its an honour for me all the way down here in Melbourne , Australia.
Each list has many pieces of home spun wisdom in it, today I chose to comment on 10 Things to tell Yourself Today and specifically number eight from that list: There is enough time today to do something I love. Here is what they wrote under that heading:
Where did you leave your happiness? With an old Lover? In a city you once lived in? In a story you never finished writing? In a dream you gave up on? In a hope you got to weary to carry? Wherever you left it go back and retrieve it. If you don’t remember where you left it, dedicate a little time today to doing something you love to do, and you will find your happiness somewhere nearby. Such beautiful and simple advice, that is why I love the book, its easy to understand and implement.
So what does the world say about doing something you Love, quite a lot actually, here are some of my favourites:
1. A life full of purpose and that flows a lot easier, I’ll have one of those please.
2. When I did the Landmark Forum they used to do a trying simulation that pointed out trying doesn’t get you very far, its actually doing that does:Try a little Tenderness
3. A worthwhile question to ask yourself, when were you last truly amazed in your life?
4. Over the time of writing my over 300 blogs, I have noticed that baseball players have contributed some great quotes to our society, Al is one of them: Love is the Drug.
5. And the classic quote about doing work you love is…..
6. Often called unconditional love: Unconditionally.
7. No Wikipedia for Dylan Laurence so I leave it up to your imagination who he is, great quote though.
8. From little things, big things grow, here is the song that most displays that: From little things, Big things grow.
9. And then movies throw us great moments of doing what we love.
10. Unknown in Australia, Jeff Foxworthy makes a living telling redneck jokes, obviously he found what he loved doing: Try.
11. “So well that people can’t take their eyes off you”, no wonder Maya spoke at a presidential inauguration.
12. Sometimes people forget where children learn their behaviour from, time to step up: When you say nothing at All!!
13. Famous for the novel and film “The perks of being a Wallflower”, Stephen Chbosky points out the importance of self love and how it may limit our ability to let love in.
14. As I take on my 12 month plan in my mentor-ship program Warriors of Love of returning to my 2011 weight of 80K, a mere 20k’s away, I think I’ll write this on my mirror: Good Times.
15. And we leave it up to the Fab Four to make the last comment on doing something you love.
I will finish with the intro that Marc and Angel used for this list:
Count your blessings, not your troubles. Love one day at a time. Let the wrong things go. Give more than you take. Look for the good in people and situations. Make time for those who matter. laugh when you can. Cry when you need to, Focus on your priorities. Make decisions, not excuses. And always stay true to your values.
Yes, today is the perfect day to stand up and say….
The music comes from several genres today. The rock of The Commitments and Missy Higgins, John Butler and Dan Sultan doing one of Australia’s iconic songs, the pop diva’s Kate Perry and Pink, The soul of Grace Jones and Chic, and the mellow country of Allison Krauss.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.