Circumstances change and priorities change with them. Are you certain that the goals you are pursuing today are goals to which you are still committed? Alternatively, are they simply something you once thought you should pursue and you are only hanging onto them in order to ‘be right’? Remember what you wanted in your 20’s are no longer the things that matter to you in your 40’s or 50’s. So , take a little time for reflection.
One reflection to look at is Mark Twain’s quote: Do not go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. The reflection that comes to mind from this is that it is up to me , nobody else is going to do it for me, they may assist me, bu if its my idea, its me that has to drive it.
There are a lot of quotes of the reflective nature, I hope you like the ones I have chosen:
1. Now I know what DKNY means on all those hoodies, Donna Karan comes from New York and runs a fashion label, therefore DKNY.
2. There are two choices, fix it or declare it complete and create new space for your new bold adventures: Something Better.
3. I remember being told the tale about African tribes not being able to see TV images bu my science teacher, That reminds me of this quote.
4. How did you get to know what you thought about your friends, did you ask or was it just a hunch?: Perception.
5. Also remember to hang out in the Now allowing for reflections on the past, all are needed.
6. Wise words from the man who best exemplifies this: Nelson Mandela.
7. A great mantra to reflect on Self Love.
8. A friend of mine met his life partner because he thought he had left his phone at work and went back to get it, It was in the bottom of his bag: Choice.
9. Do unto others as you wish to have happen to you, sometimes I forget!!
10. Sometimes the mind gets in the way, listen more deeply: Soul Kind of Feeling.
11. I think the new wave of entrepreneurs are part of this outlook on life.
12. I naturally think of Simon Sinek when I see a line like because we forget why we do it, here’s his inspirational TED talk on the subject: First Why and then trust.
13. There are some great quotes in the holy texts, this is one of them.
14. Proactive, not reactive is most powerful I find: The 7 Habits.
15. Trudy Symeonakis Vesotsky, what a cool name. See and be , observe and then take action. I like it!!
Some very worthwhile reflections amongst that collection, if I don’t say so myself.
Music and Worlds this week. The very dance-able Specials and Dynamic Hepnotics plus wisdom from Alan Watts and Simon Sinek and a mix of pop and rap.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.