I was about to continue reading Danielle LaPorte’s magnificent book White Hot Truth when I discovered I had finished it and what remained was the index, I loved this book so much I considered reading it anyway. here is a link to Danielle’s page so you can get this book: Clarity for your life. I have been choosing subjects out of the book for my blogs as I have been reading it over the last couple of weeks. In the last few pages Danielle talks about Self-Compassion, I love this subject so that is what we will discuss today. Let’s walk down this sacred path:
1. I am in a year long training program called the Activators training program which is to have you live from Essence during your days. Katie’s quote relates to what we practice on a daily basis.
2. Why is this happening to me? I was discussing how does one have integrity with my mentor yesterday and this subject came up. That how powerfully you could be in the moment was your level of integrity: Divinity.
3. At times in our life we need to be sad, angry even extremely pissed off. And yes, that is good for us.
4. Coco Chanel used to talk about wearing more than one string of pearls. Why wear one if you can wear two, or something to that effect. I think that one string of pearls is just fine. But that’s because my pearls are black, hers were white. How many strings of self compassion pearls are you willing to grant yourself: String of Pearls
5. Do you feel that, the rising of the sun within’s rays. That’s called transformation.
6. Time to be that goody two shoes you have always wanted to be. Service, Kindness, Love, Generosity, etc.etc.etc: Try.
7. Activators, this is your lesson for today.
8. Big hug for yourself, make sure you have given consent: Pretty Hurts.
9. Set your controls for the heart of the sun. no hold on, turn around and set them for your heart.
10. You, yourself, the face in the mirror, the one they are talking too, they’re included: Seeing the Goodness.
11. I am always talking to myself, I think everybody does. it takes something to turn that voice down. Be it a daily meditation practice like loving kindness, I find that having a practice changes the quality of the message to self love.
12. Getting to know and accepting yourself, beautiful: F**king Perfect.
13. Gautama Buddha (c. 563 BCE/480 BCE – c. 483 BCE/400 BCE), also known as Siddhārtha Gautama , Shakyamuni Buddha or simply the Buddha, after the title of Buddha, was an ascetic (śramaṇa) and sage, on whose teachings Buddhism was founded.He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in the eastern part of ancient India sometime between the sixth and fourth centuries.
Gautama taught a Middle Way between sensual indulgence and the severe asceticism found in the śramaṇa movement common in his region.
14. Time to accept so you can create space for something else, your life is worth a great deal more than that perceived negative thought you just had: Firework.
15. Remember having to take permission slips to school when you went on school excursions. Guess what, It’s your turn to write them for yourself, make them beautiful.
As Danielle finishes her book – May your beauty dawn on you. May your pure faith light the way. May all be so blessed. And hey… slow down if you need to, but don’t ever stop.
Namaste until next time my dear friends
Susanne Montana writes ‘licenses’ for friends, family and the older people with whom she works. When I was staying with her recently she wrote several for me, ones like ‘licence to open any cupboard in the house’, and ‘license for ruth and susanne to have fun!’ It really did make things fun and it also felt that you really did have license to do anything. One day I went to pay for lunch and she joked, ‘you don’t have a licence to do that!’. I recommend it!