What is a mere male doing writing about goddesses? A story, in 2013, after getting over my latest mental health episode I saw that my friend Sun was having a Kirtan with a Kundalini dance session. I ended up doing the door for the event and met Nemone, the Kundalini Dance facilitator and signed up for her eight week course because I sensed it was a way to heal faster.
During this process Nemone mentioned she was going to a retreat in Byron Shire and that I should come along. With $50 in the bank this seemed an impossibility. On the night of the heart chakra dance we had to do it blindfolded and dance to fulfil an intention which seemed impossible, I choose, I will go to the retreat. Imagine my surprise when the sixth email I opened that night was the payment plan offer for the retreat. So I was off to the retreat.
I arrived in the shire and was introduced to the workshop leader, a woman named Tanishka Tantrika, I felt like I had known her for lifetimes. Over the next 7 days my DNA was transformed. My favourite memory was one participant asked her to repeat something, Tanishka answered not really, her output was so fresh each time. I became and elder and took on personal vows over this period of time,
What I did not know about Tanishka was that she was The Moon Woman who had a 500,000 person following on Facebook. Two online courses later I find her knowledge of god and goddesses unique. She has just released a book on Hay House entitled Goddess Wisdom: Where to get the book.
So I have chosen 15 goddess quotes, let travel down the path:
1. I think this is one of the most powerful things that taking on being a goddess allows women: The right to not have to apologize for it.
2. How you treat a person is how they will relate to you: I hear you Calling
3. I know many women who have reached this discovery. Thanks for the power you bring to womanhood.
4. Pretty much sums up the goddesses I know, has anything been left out?: Shake It Off.
5. And the people who know her knows that too, or face her wrath.
6. Both men and women can do this as we both have masculine and feminine sides to our soul: You Sexy Thing.
7. Goddesses can go from Femme Fatales to completely butch, there is no goddess look, it’s who you be.
8. Written sometime in the 1700 or 1800’s by Goethe acknowledging the power of the goddess to empower the present moment: Song of the Goddess.
9. Reading Tanishka’s beginning to her journey you would never imagine that she would end up writing a book called Goddess Wisdom.
10. Goddesses know this to the bottom of their heart’s, the power of the circle: The Earth is my Mother.
11. Frida knew that these people exist, it sometimes takes a while to find yours.
12. I woke up like this, booya!: I am the Goddess.
13. The role of the goddess; to empower people and the planet.
14. Goddesses see the big picture, for them not the chauvinistic desire to rule the world, she knows better than that: Beltane Fire dance.
15. Goddesses realise there will be scars along the journey, they triumph over them.
I have a lot to thank my friend Tanishka for, without having met her I would know little of the goddesses and how to recognise one. You have expanded my life tremendously.
Namaste until next time , my dear friends.