My friend Emeli Paulo from Collective Potential has returned to her source: Here’s the Link., fortnightly workshops on different purposeful subjects after attempting to generate a national road trip in supporting Mental Health initiatives, due to difficult circumstances this did not happen, I’m glad she survived the experience and retains her passion for transforming people, Emeli is very good at it. Collective Potential has inspired many people and will continue to do so in the future, despite what could be seen as a failure, but what is life without failures on the way? There is that well known saying by Abraham Lincoln: If you have never failed, You have never Lived.
So how does society look at the fine line between Failure and Success? Here are some of my favourite Quotes on the subject:
1. James Cameron is a bit of authority on this subject. Cameron’s Avatar and Titanic are the highest and third highest-grossing films of all time at $2.78 billion and $2.19 billion respectively after many films that did not meet with financial success.
2. Remember what Abraham said: Rise Up.
3. Thomas Edison said: “I speak without exaggeration when I say that I have constructed three thousand different theories in connection with the electric light, each one of them reasonable and appears to be true. Yet only in two cases did my experiments prove the truth of my theory. My chief difficulty, as perhaps you know, was in constructing the carbon filament, the incandescence of which is the source of the light.”
4. From the queen of quotes, Ms Anonymous. comes this worldly advice on the subject: Give Your Heart a Break.
5. Failure does not equal not trying. Michael Jordan missed: 12345 shots during his NBA career. Damn in perfect order, the guy truly was the greatest.
6. You may fail many times before the success you seek arrives: Keep Failing and You Will Succeed.
7. Squiggly lines will get you there, staying on the straight and narrow is limiting.
8. Learning 101: Changes.
9. This quote is not actually what Thomas said, but it reads better than 3,000 times as stated in his above statement.
10. The Chinese have certainly come up with great quotes over time, think Lao Tzu, Confucious etc, etc…: Shallow.
11. Get up, Stand Up.
12. Get what Napoleon says, just one step: Don’t give up too soon: One Step Ahead.
13. From the world’s most famous cigar smoker, I love this quote.
14. Famous for his 2006 TED talk, Do Schools Kill Creativity, which has had 57,609,622 views, his ideas on education have raised some heated debate. 57 million views lean towards success in my humble opinion: Wannabe.
15. And the final lesson for today, don’t stop climbing, one step forward, sometimes three steps back.
So if I look through my life, I have had plenty of both failure and success. Was one better than the other, could it have been different? Not really, at 64 I have learnt to accept the lessons learnt and keep moving forward one step at a time.
The playlist today contains some very popular songs, over 100 millions hits for quite a few of them. We begin with Andra Day, then pop diva Demi Lovato. The spoken word for today is from Moversity, we then return to the 19’s with David Bowie. Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper follow with that song. The penultimate song is by one of New Zealand’s most popular acts, Split Enz and we finish with The Spice Girls: It’s Impossible to Live Without Failing at Something!!
I think that I have learnt a lot from setting my goal as seeing the world paradigm being Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included. Until next time my dear friends.