There are ways to embrace growth and ways to stay stuck. When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you. Here are a few things that you can give up:
- Give up trying to be perfect.
- Give up comparing yourself to others.
- Give up dwelling on the past or worrying too much about the future.
- Give up Complaining.
- Give up holding grudges.
- Give up waiting.
- Give up lying.
- Give up trying to avoid mistakes.
- Give up saying, “I can’t”.
- Give up trying to be everything to everyone.
- Give up thinking you’re not ready.
- Give up setting small goals for yourself.
- Give up trying to do everything by yourself.
- Give up buying things you don’t need.
- Give up blaming others for your troubles.
- Give up making mountains out of molehills.
- Give up trying to live out of the expectations of others.
- Give up the ‘Easy Street’ mentality.
- Give up making promises you can’t keep.
- Give up letting your thoughts and feelings bottle up inside.
- Give up beating around the bush.
- Give up avoiding change.
- Give up your sense of entitlement.
- Give up waiting until the last minute.
- Give up being dramatic.
- Give up being anti-athletic.
- Give up Junk Food.
- Give up eating as a means of entertainment.
- Give up foolish habits you know are foolish.
- Give up relationships with people who bring you down.
- Give up being shy.
- Give up worrying about what others think about you.
- Give up trying to control everything.
- Give up doing the same thing over and over again.
- Give up following the least path of resistance.
- Give up persistent multi-tasking.
- Give up thinking others are luckier than you.
- Give up filling every waking moment with commitments and activities.
- Give up making emotional decisions.
- Give up doing the wrong things just because you can get away with it.
- Give up focusing on what you don’t want to happen.
- Give up taking yourself so seriously.
- Give up spending your life working in a career you aren’t passionate about.
- Give up thinking about the things you don’t have.
- Give up doubting others.
- Give up with fussing with every beauty product on the market.
- Give up trying to fit in.
- Give up trying to be different just for the sake of being different.
- Give up trying to avoid risk.
- Give up putting your own needs on the back burner.
Quite a list to work on, how much greater would your life look if you just implemented a few of these a month. What has the world said about living a great life over time, here are a few of my favourites:
1. That moment when you release the pressure and you accelerate towards your dreams is truly magic.
2. The challenge of life, never forget you are still here kicking ass: We Shall Overcome.
3. Both are meant to be a daily practice.
4. We are sent here to give the universe our unique gifts: Unique.
5. What a great superpower, seeing the invisible.
6. Each day we choose where we are on the ladder of life: Shine Your Light.
7. What would you walk through your fear for, what would you die for?
8. A worthy daily to-do list: Lose Yourself.
9. It’s up to us, Because We Can, it’s our time.
10. Jillian Barberie Michaels is an American personal trainer, businesswoman, author and television personality from Los Angeles, California. Michaels is best known for her appearances on NBC, particularly The Biggest Loser. She has also made an appearance on the talk show The Doctors. In fall 2015, she hosted and co-judged a series on Spike titled Sweat, INC. In January 2016, her reality television series Just Jillian premiered on E!.: Feel.
11. Greatness needs both the shadow and the light.
12. One foot in front of another: From Little Things, Big Things Grow.
13. Love or Judgement, which one will heal the earth?
14. What it takes to produce a great shot at life: Photograph.
15. Isn’t it amazing that you never know when love comes to town?
And remember, mistakes make us human, failures help us grow, hope keeps us going and love is the reason we are alive. So keep learning, loving and living. Never give up on yourself.
Today’s playlist begins with some Martin Luther King wisdom, then the pop diva Lenka followed by one of rocks icons Robbie Robertson. Eminem is up next, then a Mediterranean pop diva Mahmut Orhan. Aussie legends Paul Kelly and Missy Higgins are the penultimate offerings and we finish with an Ed Sheeran cover by Boyce Avenue: You Never Realise How Strong You Are.
Greatness is showing Love and Respect For All, Everyone Included, a task for you until next time we meet, my dear friends.