Today is a follow up on habits via Marc and Angel Chernoff’s excellent book: 1000+ Little Thing Happy Successful People Do Differently: Marc and Angel Hack Life. Using my write about the page you open up to formulae, we come to 30 Challenges for 30 Days of Growth.
The chapter begins with the following statement: Scientists have suggested that, with a little willpower, it takes roughly 30 days for a person to form a new habit. As with mastering anything new, the act of starting and getting beyond the preliminary stage where everything feels awkward is 80% of the battle. This is precisely why it’s important to make small positive changes every day over the course of at least a 30-day challenge.
Marc then offers you 30 suggestions, here they are:
- Use words that encourage happiness
- Try one new thing every day.
- Perform one selfless act every day.
- Learn and practice one new skill every day.
- Teach someone something new every day.
- Dedicate an hour a day to something you are passionate about.
- Treat everyone nicely, even those who are rude to you.
- Concentrate on being positive at all times.
- Address and acknowledge the lesson in inconvenient situations.
- Pay attention and enjoy your life as it happens.
- Get rid of one thing a day for 30 days.
- Create something brand new in less than 30 days.
- Don’t tell a single lie for 30 days.
- Wake up 30 minutes early every morning.
- Ditch 3 bad habits for 30 days.
- Watch less than 30 minutes of TV every day.
- Define one long-term goal and work on it for an hour every day.
- Read one chapter of a good book every day.
- Every morning, watch or read something that inspires you.
- Do something every day after lunch that makes you laugh.
- Go alcohol and drug-free for 30 days.
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day for 30 days.
- Get uncomfortable and face a fear every day.
- Cook one brand new healthy recipe every day.
- Spend 10 minutes every evening reflecting on what went well.
- Have a conversation every day with someone you rarely do.
- Pay down debt and don’t create any new debt for 30 days.
- Let go of one relationship that constantly hurts you.
- Publicly forgive someone who deserves another chance.
- Document every day with one photograph and one paragraph.
We often use the excuse that I don’t know where to begin, what does society say about that: let’s have a look:
1. Recently I walked across 8 Km of beach rocks, I have no sense of balance, I definitely grew from this situation.
2. The challenges begin within, after all, you made them a challenge: This Time.
3. The picture says it all.
4. Ralph puts it in your face why we challenge ourselves: Growth.
5. To spell words correctly.
6. In your challenges lie all your meaningful accomplishments: One Life.
7. One small step forward a day is all it takes.
8. Your Gut Feelings, that is what you want to know, stop ignoring them: Gut Feeling.
9. I think Ralph should be talking to his lawyers about the origin of Gail’s quote.
10. It’s really saying shake off the limits, isn’t it.: No Limit.
11. Stop playing small!!
12. Marlen Esparza is an American boxer. In May 2012, she qualified to compete at the 2012 Olympics, becoming the first American woman to qualify for the Olympics in the first year that women’s boxing was an Olympic event. She won the bronze medal in the women’s flyweight division at the 2012 Olympics in London: You Can Do It.
13. Me, Myself, I: Challenge them all.
14. Set your controls for the heart of the Sun: Chandelier.
15. And some worldly advice from big Tone to finish.
You can’t do all these challenges at once, but they will make for an inspired 2019. As you progress through these challenges remember personal growth is a slow, steady process. It can’t be rushed. You need to work on it gradually every day. There is ample time for you to be who you want to be in life. Don’t settle for less than what you think you deserve or less than you know you can be. Despite the struggles, you will face along the way, never give up on yourself. You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, and twice as capable as you have ever imagined.
Today’s playlist lies in the Hip Hop stadium with three offerings. We begin with Pia Toscano, then enter the stadium with Offset. Rock offerings from Boyce Avenue and Devo follow. Usher and Ice Cube make their entry and we complete with Australia’s own Sia: All Good is Hard, All Evil is Easy.
Remember to show Love and Respect to All, Everyone Included until we meet again, my dear friends: