Back to Marc and Angel Chernoff for today’s blog, I stubbed my toe on their book 1000+ Little Things Happy Successful People Do Differently: Hit them Up… As is my practice when writing about a possibility I open the book to any page and voila, that is the subject for today. On page 139 is the heading “10 Ways to WRITE a Life Story Worth Living” appeared.
The chapter begins with the following words from Marc:
‘When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen. Make conscious choices every day that align your actions with your values and your dreams. because the way you live each day is a sentence in the story of your life. Each day you make a choice as to whether the sentence ends in a period, a question mark, or an exclamation point.”
He then offers 10 ideas for writing a life story worth living:
- Find a Passion that makes you come alive.
- Work hard on that Passion.
- Live happily in your own way.
- Change your path when you must, but keep moving forward.
- When the going gets rough, keep fighting.
- Let go of the past and live consciously in the future.
- Embrace new ideas, lessons, and challenges.
- Appreciate the little things in life that mean a lot.
- Live honourably through kindness.
- Spend quality time with people you love.
What a beautiful, inspiring list, I’m willing to take it on. Now lets have a look at what the world has said about writing your own story, let’s take that journey:
1. This beautiful image could be included on your vision board.
2. Not all testimony is in the negative: when you have the feeling your words can make a difference, speak them: Song for Someone.
3. Yes, You, the unique human being you are. Go on, you can do it.
4. Mine says I am an Interculturalist: Love and Respect for All, Everyone included. Over to You: Live your Story.
5. As Helen says, It will not always be easy. As Marc’s point 5 says, keep fighting during these time. Each little step makes a difference.
6. To my new friend Josie, you are editing at the moment, your writing is magnificent: Write your Story.
7. Excitement to me is covered in the expression Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
8. Ready, Set Write!!!: So Much Magnificence.
9. Even the stars don’t necessarily have great stories. Greta was one of Hollywood’s shining lights in her time.
10. And how could we leave out Deepak when writing about our lives: Change Your Life.
11. Or Brene!!!
12. 我是, Wer bin Ich, qui suis-je, ko wai Ahau, kas aš esu, هستم: Who I am.
13. We all have friends we can do this with: don’t be stingy.
14. To each of our glorious adventures: Yay!!!: This Is Me.
15. And finally, some blank pages for you.
I will finish with some more words from Marc and Angel:
‘If you live honourably, no matter how old you get, you’ll never lose your beauty; it will gradually shift from your face to your heart. And remember, there is no better exercise for the heart than reaching out and holding the hand of someone in need.’
Today’s playlist even contains both types of music, County and Western. We begin with U2. Then to the European continent for Auli’i Cravalho and Francesca Battistelli. I just had to put in Miten and Deva Premal’s song about magnificence. Who would have thought I would ever include a Little Mix song, but here one is. Jessica Andrews is next and we complete with the cast of the Greatest Showman: Remember, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold The Pen.
So remember to show Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included until next time we meet, my dear friends: