When people find their passion, they not only love what they do but they lead a life that other people only dream about. In his book Living Your Passion Keith Abraham has a quiz in which he asks the following questions:
- What does having a passion mean to you?
- What was one thing either in the past or present that you were passionate about, really focused on or just loved to do?
- If you won 10 million dollars in Lotto tomorrow, what would you love to do with your time and energy?
- Of all the things you have ever done, what were you doing when you were the happiest?
- What are the five things you value the most in your life?
- In 30 seconds, write down the three most important goals in your life right now.
- What have you always wanted to do but been afraid to attempt?
- What type of activities or circumstances gives you the greatest feeling of importance?
- What is the one thing which you would dare to dream if you knew you could not fail?
They say that 3% of people have written goals, I must know a rare breed of people because at least 50% of my friends do. So what does the world say about having and knowing your passion, Let’s have a sneak peek:
1. Want a boost of energy, follow your passion and with it comes the energy to excel.
2.The 3 P’s that fulfil my life: On Purpose.
3. You’ll know when you find it, Steve definitely found his.
4. It is said you are both a student and a teacher in your life when it comes to your passion it’s up to you: Teach Your Children.
5. How beautiful, Live it, Breathe It, Beam It. Yowzaa.
6. America’s greatest gonzo journalist often got people’s blood racing if you have ever seen the interpretation of his life in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: The hotel on Acid.
7. When your passion enters your soul, it also enters your heart and mind.
8. Passion fills you with the roar of the ocean, Its like people can hear it as you enter the room: Oceans Roar.
9. That’s why it doesn’t go away, the rest of life may be random, but your passions are not.
10. It’s Oprah time. always good advice: Born to be Somebody.
11. Converting a nation with her passion, Julia Child definitely did this. Julia Carolyn Child was an American chef, author and television personality. She is recognized for bringing French cuisine to the American public with her debut cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and her subsequent television programs, the most notable of which was The French Chef, which premiered in 1963.
12. having written over 300 blogs, I have definitely found mine: My, My, My.
13. Make me think of Jim Carrey’s Fear or Love Speech, here it is: Fear vs. Love.
14. They’re your dreams, no one elses: Live Your Life.
15. And at the end, a wall chart for you to print out.
Don’t just get up, go to work, go to bed on a daily basis: do things that make your heart shudder.
Music is from Sabrina Carpenter, CSNY, Johny Depp, Dinah Smith, Justin Beiber, Troye Sivan, Jim Carrey and T.I. Enjoy their focus on passion and purpose.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.