Marc and Angel Chernoff’s book 1,000+ little things Happy Successful People do differently is one of the best buys I ever made. Unfortunately it is not available at the moment because it has gone for re editing. They are releasing a new book Getting Back to Happy: Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Reality, and Turn Your Trials into Triumphs: which ships 22nd May 2018. Their website http://www.marcandangel.com/ has all the details and many of their fantastic lists to help you live a great life.
I opened the book today and the page was entitled Self Love Questions to make you think. The first question is : If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend? There are nine other questions just as confronting and insightful about how we relate to self-love.
So what vignettes do we release into the world regarding this often hard emotion, let’s take a journey:
1. At times we need to do this to our dear old brain. its our own worst enemy.
2. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, remember to behold yourself first and foremost: Beautiful.
3. Lalah Delia is the founder of VibrateHigherDaily.com and Vibrate Higher Daily Blog. Vibrate Higher Daily is a sacred online space for personal growth, elevation, and transformation. By creating the hashtag #VibrateHigherDaily as a personal journey mantra and reminder, a new path was born. Soon, many others also journeying towards living their highest potential took community and joined in.
4. Not taken or single – Self Loved: I’m Real.
5. Such beautiful words to remember: You can’t lose you.
6. I had a session with my mentor the other day, He asked me who was I trying to be, and that wasn’t who I really was. I have fallen in love with the fact I will never be this more available Rod, I will be kind, supporting and loving Rod: I will Survive.
7. Or your kingdom, I think all of humanity could do with this list.
8. We all abhor violence toward others , why do we insist on regularly doing it to ourselves: Self Esteem.
9. How much has the person in your mirror been through, three cheers, they are still standing!!
10. Handed out at birth, keep working on it: Superpower.
11. Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never, Never Ever.
12. Pierre was a French tragedian in the 16th century. He probably wrote this so we could avoid this other works: Alive.
13. André Gide (French: was a French author and winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1947 “for his comprehensive and artistically significant writings, in which human problems and conditions have been presented with a fearless love of truth and keen psychological insight”. That’s one hell of a way to say Self-Love.
14. We can see the magic in you so don’t forget that it’s there: All of Me.
And finally, remember self love can not come from another.
One more question from Marc and Angel: What’s something Nobody can ever steal from you – let’s go for Self Love.
Our music today is dominated by women. We start with Christina Aguilera, then Jennifer Lopez, travel back to the 70’s with Gloria Gaynor, then a sad number from The Offspring, to the mighty Beyonce, followed by Sia ending up with John Legend.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.