I really have not been through the COVID19 pandemic, I was in a psych unit for 5 weeks and lying on my couch for a further three weeks surviving on Ubereats so some of the restrictions bemuse me, and others seem fair enough. The trams and trains of Melbourne are still empty in peak hour, and we still cannot dance.
Will everybody return to their offices, their schools or will they never walk out their front door again. So what should we care about on our journey forward? Life is all about taking chances. It’s about doing something you initially thought you could never do. It’s about being a little bit crazy, following your heart, and not worrying about every detail of what everyone else thinks. And above all, it’s about learning to love who you are and what you have.
Marc’s list today is titled 12 Things to start caring about today, here we go:
- Start caring about your own happiness.
- Start caring about your goals and dreams.
- Start caring about how you invest your time every day.
- Start caring about how you think and what you think about.
- Start caring about how you treat yourself.
- Start caring about how you treat others.
- Start caring about how others treat you.
- Start caring about your health.
- Start caring about your education and personal growth.
- Start caring about doing the best YOU can.
- Start caring about all the wonderful things you have right now.
- Start caring about this moment we call ‘life.’
So this following your heart thing, what does society have to say about it, here are a few of my favourites:
If it has the dark and the light in the menu, go for it.
2. Have you ever asked, how did I end up here: Listen to Your Heart
3. I am a creator, one simple step.
4. Someone may even say to you, you may not be right: You may not be right.
5. So it doesn’t have to yell too loudly.
6. Don’t get lost, listen to your heart and it should not happen: Heartbreaker.
7. And is rarely wrong in its judgement.
8. I love this mantra: Silly
9. You still have passion and dreams as well as following your heart.
10. The formulae of the great unknown: Give me a Try.
11. Time to hit the Wide Open Road.
12. Have you found it yet: Happy.
13. You can’t do halfway, booya.
14. Definitely a how did I get here moment when the mind kicks in: Sing for the Moment.
15. And for our final lesson, Mama, we’re all crazy now.
Your relationship with yourself is the closest and most important you will ever have. When was the last time someone told you that they loved you just the way you are, and that what you think and how you feel matters? When was the last time someone told you that you did a great job, or took you someplace, simply because they know you feel happy when you’re there? When was that someone You? The way you treat yourself sets the standards for others. You must love who you are or no one else will either. And when you are truly comfortable in your own skin, not everyone will like you, but you won’t care about it one bit.
Today’s playlist begins with Tupac, then Little Kid. A fine bunch of rockers from England next in the form of Free followed by Deniece Williams. Sizzla and Pharrell Williams come before the final number from Eminem: What will still be there on the other side?
O.K., its time for the ethos. follow your heart to my Facebook group Interculturalism: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Interulturalism/ and partake in the joy of Love and Respect for All, Everone included. Until we meet again, my dear friends.