There are a lot of lists out there that are based on what to stop doing to yourself to lead a better life, but not so many lists that advise you what to start doing. So here is one of my top ten’s go at it. From Marc Chernoff comes these 30 suggestions:
- Start spending time with the right people.
- Start facing your problems head-on.
- Start being honest with yourself about everything.
- Start making your own happiness a priority.
- Start being yourself, genuinely and proudly.
- Start noticing and living in the present.
- Start valuing the lessons your mistakes teach you.
- Start being more polite to yourself.
- Start enjoying the things you already have.
- Start creating your own happiness.
- Start giving your ideas and dreams a chance.
- Start believing that you’re ready for the next step.
- Start entering new relationships for the right reasons.
- Start giving new people you meet a chance.
- Start competing against an earlier version of yourself.
- Start cheering for other people’s victories.
- Start looking for the silver lining in tough situations.
- Start forgiving yourself and others.
- Start helping those around you.
- Start listening to your own inner voice.
- Start being attentive to your stress level and take short breaks.
- Start noticing the beauty of small moments.
- Start accepting things when they are less than perfect.
- Start working toward your goals every day.
- Start being more open about how you feel.
- Start taking full accountability for your own life.
- Start actively nurturing your most important relationships.
- Start concentrating on the things you can control.
- Start focusing on the possibility of positive outcomes.
- Start noticing how wealthy you are right now.
So what has the world said about doing things that empower you, here is my selection of several thousand options:
1. Perfection, the booby prize that holds people back from beginning so many adventures and creative outlets.
2. Blogger turned New York Times best-selling author and speaker Mandy Hale is the creator of the social media movement, “The Single Woman.” With a heart to inspire single women to live their best lives and to never, ever settle, Mandy cuts to the heart of the matter with her inspirational, straight-talking, witty, and often wildly humorous take on life and love. Mandy’s message reaches literally millions of women across the world every day through her blog, books, and social media platforms: Happy.
3. Wishing that the world be a better place does not make the world a better place, action does.
4. Mini list: Express Yourself.
5. Self Love 101.
6. Is the second line the new name for Social media: Medicine.
7. Join a pride march today.
8. All the things that make you happy, not the other stuff should be your focus: Yeh Hum Aa Gaye Hain Kahaan.
9. Thrilling and voluptuous, Yes Please!!
10. They all build on each other: Dressed for Success.
11. What do you do for yourself to build your positive to do list?
12. Doing these things is what has your ideas and dreams happen: Lose Yourself.
13. And from the world’s greatest investor – humour, or is it?
14. You have to be part of your A team, or it just won’t work: The A team.
15. I love Alex’s ethos – Self Care: Everything!!
Remember today, for it is the beginning. Today marks the start of a brave new future.
A scene from Bollywood features in today’s tracks, hard to believe how little we know about the world’s largest film industry. We begin with Pharrell, follow with retro Madonna, then someone new to me but not 1.7 million viewers, Queen Naija. Off to Bollywood with Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta, then Roxette and Eminem and we finish with Ed Sheeran quite an eclectic mix: A Rock Musicians Career is Short-lived!!
So as always I will recommend the practice of Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included till we meet again my dear friends: