What does the following question raise for you – What if I didn’t have to prepare to be present? Danielle LaPorte also suggests to do these three things in her book White HOt truth:
- Identify where you are already meeting with spirit in your life
- It’s important what you call your practice
- There is no competition
- Remember , it’s about ongoing practice , not permanency
Over my years I have meditated, taken a Buddhist name, done Landmark for seven years, ran marathons in Australia and Russia, but I like this summation by Danielle:
Even with steady devotion to your growth, your practices will ebb and flow. Some days you’re going to be riding high, dancing to merge with Shiva himself, or fasting to feel the pulse of the higher realms. other days , you’re just doing what it takes to not feel like shit.
So what are your life affirming practicing and what do the wise ones say about it, Lets have a look:
1. I once wrote the statement that we all have the same 24 hours in the day as Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela and Mother Teresa. Some people thanked me and others went apeshit. Where do you hold the truth in the above quote?
2. If you have had a bad day, you always have the opportunity to rise afresh: All I Ask.
3. Beauty is not attained by outer work like plastic surgery, it is purely inner work.
4. Who and What and Where you are is exactly where you are meant to be, how could it be different. Accept this and your life will become a whole lot easier: Who You Are.
5. This image seems to be of someone walking on water, rise up and you can do that.
6. Some people say we choose our parents before we start to live our lives, if this is true we are definitely strong enough to get through the bit after birth: Strong Enough.
7. That simple smile, thank you or words of gratitude can change a life, and you may never know.
8. With a heart to inspire single women to live their best lives and to never, ever settle, Mandy cuts to the heart of the matter with her inspirational, straight-talking, witty, and often wildly humorous take on life and love. She’s also not afraid to talk about the many realities of being single in a world that still asks “And WHY are you still single: Happiness is an Inside Job.
9. When I was a child I loved my magical friends, the education told me they weren’t real. Now I’m discovering that probably this was not true.
10. They say that when it becomes too hard, the place to go to heal, is the music that enlivens us, I agree: I’ve got the Music in Me.
11. Worship what you love and Love the way you worship. Failure does not mean your dreams are dead.
12. Quite a life affirming belief from Kanye West. Could you think this, or even say it. Mohammed Ali, move over: Stronger.
13. let go of the non life affirming things in your life, you will feel like you have lost kilograms of weight.
14. The affirmation queen, Louise Hay began her literary career at the age of 50. So do not give up on what affirms you in your life just because it hasn’t happened yet: Flowing Life.
15. Remember in life affirming practices laughter is the best medicine.
Womens circles have existed for millennia, mens circles similar to King Arthur’s Round Table are returning. We find it impossible to be aware all the time, be your kind of devotee, your light chaser.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
Your second entry reminds me of a comment made by Donald Altman during an interview with Lama Surya Das. He said that, at his age, he was pleased to still be part of the ‘living club’. It caught my attention, as each life is a miracle, and is so precious, that we may as well live it to the fullest!