I’m reading Tools of Titans , an amazing resource book by Tim Ferriss. He suggests you read only the bits that hit home to you. It’s broken up in three parts: Healthy , Wealthy and Wise. I had to stop reading the healthy bit because it became way too confronting for the physical state I am in at the moment.
So I flipped to the wealthy section and the page opened on big Tony, Tony Robbins, he of the just say YES and finish my sentences for me. Each person is asked Is there a quote that guides your Life? Tony’s answer was “It’s a belief: Life is happening for us, not to us. It’s our job to find out where the benefit is. If we do, Life is magnificent.
After my experiences with NLP I have a dislike for some of Tony’s methods so this may explain why I misread it as Life is Happening to Us, so this is what we will discuss roday:
1. I went dancing to Sweat Your Prayers on Sunday for the first time in a long time. I ran into my friend Jane. There was this incredibly sensual young woman with her, I kept thinking I know you, turns out it was Jane’s daughter Caitlin who I had spent a weekend sharing our souls together at a retreat late last year. We chatted like we had been apart 5 minutes.
2. Denis Kimbro deals with the question as to why black Americans, who are considered wealthy by 90% of the worlds population, struggle on a day to day basis, his premise is that their reaction to life dis-empowers them: Not Afraid.
3. From one of the world’s great philosophers, Ms. Unknown comes this classic that point to where we must first work on our life, Within.
4. In this I want it right now world we often forget this and manage to stuff quite a few things up: Hakuna Matata.
5. Things happens, they become events in our lives. Then stressors enter the Universe, they are called our reactions, choose wisely.
6. The meat and potatoes way of saying it: It’s my Life.
7. Supposed to be versus how it actually is , gives us access to Life is happening for us.
8. You have a roof over your head, money in your purse and food to eat, for a huge percentage of the planet that is equivalent to joy: Brene on Joy.
9. My take at it: It’s up to us, because we can, It’s our time.
10. Are they still there, the one’s who are: they are the keepers: True Colours.
11. Love and Respect for All, Everyone Included.
12. What if everything that happens for us is to teach us a lesson, and our job is to get them as soon as we can: What about Us.
13. Just to make sure you get the hint!!
14. And remember the mirror practice so you know who needs to hear this message: Change Your Life.
15. And from the creator of http://www.thework.com, Byron Katie, a final reminder that life happens for us. It’s up to us how that occurs.
Tony also mentions that a way to improve your life is to ask great questions that empower you because then your life is happening for you because you are the driving force.
Music this week comes from Eminem, Bon Jovi, Pink, Casey Chambers, Hakuna Matata and some wisdom from Brene Brown. I think its time for Youtube Red, can’t stomach the Macca and Coke ads, apologies in advance.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
Your serendipitous catch up with Jane and Caitlin sounds like it was very special; one of the advantages of getting out and about and meeting new people – you get to meet them all over again!