My, how music has changed. I recieved a post in my news feed thta told me I had listened to 24,000 minutes and 192 artists via Spotify and made recommendations to artists I might like in 2018 based on who I had listened to in 2017.
To me, music is a very personal thing. As the blogs title says You have my whole heart, I think that is what our favourite music has too, our whole heart and probably our soul as well. My taste in music is very ecelectic, and yes I like both types of music as well, country and western as well as everything from freeform jazz to pop diva’s, a bit of Beyonce will lift your spirits any day of the week.
How many ways can we say we love our music, let’s have a look:
1. Having been involved in the Melbourne music scene for 40 something years quite a few of my Facebook friends are musiciaans I have come across on this journey. Each is an artist in their own right.
2. The band’s name is derived from a passage from the Virginia Woolf story “The Mark on the Wall”, which reads, “I wish I could hit upon a pleasant track of thought, a track indirectly reflecting credit upon myself, for those are the pleasantest thoughts, and very frequent even in the minds of modest mouse-coloured people, who believe genuinely that they dislike to hear their own praises: The World at Large.
3. Due to my age I also remember cassette tapes we burnt for our friends which were replaced by CD’s, then MP3’s and now USB stick playlists of a few thousand songs.
4. I know some of my deepest romantic flings have been based on a similar taste in music: Fallin’.
5. 401 years since his death at the relatively young age of 52, the bard hits the spot on music’s influence.
6. Have you found your love wordsmith: I will always love You.
7. Time after Time does this for me, different versions included.
8. And then there are the songs you hear when this happens to you, and they will never be the same again: All of Me.
9. Sums up what music means to me really
10. What genre do you unleash your rhythmes to: I want your Love.
11. As Joni Mitchell so prophetically sang, You turn me on, I’m a radio.
12. I have a musician friend who has made his living from it for over 30 years, he can sing in seven languages and play 10 instruments, and he will also wear lederhosen to fulfil the last statement of this quote: Yalla.Yalla.
13. And then it becomes our song.
14. The joy of childhood when half of us our going to be the next big thing: Can you feel the Love Tonight.
15. My addiction, Spotify, Applemusic, 49,000 songs on Itunes, Mixcloud, Soundcloud, enough said..
There are as many styles of music as there are cultures in the world. Your mission if you accept it is to study a new culture a month and learn to appreciate their music as well.
The Music, Whitney Houton, The Lion King, local Melbourne middle eastern band Yalla, Modest Mouse and a must watch Chic with the Soul Train disco dancers.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
As I am reading your blog, I’m listening to Hugo’s radio program and I feel so lucky to ‘one of four’ who are moved by music, for whom music is just about as important as the food we eat. 49,000 songs. Now that is impressive! Keep on dancing to all of your favourite tunes!