One of the things I do is tutor refugees who need to Improve their English. At the moment I have very two different students. One was born in a refugee camp in India 25 years ago, yes thats right, she had been in a refugee camp 25 years. Then she was put in three detention centres by our government before being released. She has lived in a free community 4 months of her young life. The other is a doctor who was on the council of the capital city of the nation she comes from , I asked her why she left. Her reply was poignant , there is no peace Teacher, she calls me teacher. I have a sense they will both be great citizens of our country given what they have been through.
I have been thinking about that statement , there is no peace since, what truly gives us peace, is our nation of Australia we live in relative peace from war but to a lot of people They do not feel so, ramping up the threat to our nation. So I have chosen 15 wide ranging statements about peace to comment on the subject.
1. That great philosopher Unknown comes up with on of the most powerful definitions to my mind, peace belongs in our heart not the physical surrounds that we are in.
2. Peace has a few allies in making the world a better place, I love the last one Everybody not just us, no hate, no war.
3. Maura is 9, with more people of her age thinking like that I give Peace a Chance, Join in with John and Yoko.
4. Be in the Now, that is where peace lives, I resist this a lot. Need to read The Power of Now again.
5. Robert Brault is a writer of forty years standing, he points to the fact where our peace really lives, within.
6. We have all seen those silly cartoons with aliens looking on as there are explosions all over our world. Silly or Not?
7. One of the world’s great peace activists, a man who lead a nation to freedom peacefully, hits the spot with this one. Makes me think of Cat’s Peace Train.
8. A disturbing image with a powerful message. Yes its up to you to be a Rider of the Storm
9. MLK, in my favourite top ten speakers, I listen to him regularly, his passion for peace was extraordinary.
10. To one of the young things who have replaced Martin Luther King, the youngest recipient and possibly the most deserving winner of the Nobel Peace prize. Malala speaks the words of peace for her generation.
11. Closer and closer, the world is becoming a smaller place, may we use the words above in our recipe.
12. I’m sure each parent wishes this for that bundle of joy they hold in their arms as they raise them with love. A question though, How does war replace this scene later in Life?
13. One of John Lennon’s more obscure Peace quotes, but a chance to listen to You’re not the only One.
14. Yes a cute dog photo peace quote, works for me. Who is Antsy McClain, watch this: Living in Aliminium.
15. And finally a Sacred Meditation to complete with, may there be peace in your life and the world.
Namaste until next Thursday my dear friends.