Where I sit and wait for my English students there is a notice board above me. I noticed a new flyer today: Sing along with the Compassionate Voice community choir. it started me thinking what have I done to express compassion in my life.
Over the years I have done a lot of voluntary work, but is that compassion for others. I also was a regular demonstration attendee, going back as far as anti Vietnam War and Apartheid rallies. I also tithe as much as I can of my finances.
A recent death very close to me has had me think more about this lately asking questions like could I have done more in the time that led up to it and how do I relate to the family of the person involved.
How does the world deal with compassion, let’s have a look:
1. The great gift the movie Avatar gave to the world, the saying I See You, this quote expresses that well.
2. I learnt this from my mum and dad. Edna was a brown owl and op shop volunteer her whole life until she could no longer do it and Ian was a member of Rotary: Hallelujah
3. This is the greatest compassion the world needs, Self Love 101.
4. And from the time before Women’s Rights one of the great philosophers points out the importance of compassion and it’s travelling companions wisdom and courage: Peace, Love and Understanding
5. Action, right now, are you compassionate enough to do it?
6. We and everything around us are starseed traveling on a rotating ball at 1,000 miles per hour, try and imagine that for a day and see what changes it brings in your life: Til It Happens to You.
7. One of the friendlier verses of the bible. Difficult to misinterpret this.
8. Self Love again, harvest it well and your heart and mind will be available to others as well: Harvest.
9. Let’s get out there and have humanity survive, my compassionate ones.
10. All of these things are powerful beyond belief: Turn Your Life Around
11. Nobility, beauty and grace: Beautiful things to have in ones life, well said John Connolly, Before becoming a full-time novelist, he worked as a journalist, a barman, a local government official, a waiter and a gofer at Harrods department store in London.
12. Dostoyevsky’s literary works explore human psychology in the troubled political, social, and spiritual atmosphere of 19th-century Russia, and engage with a variety of philosophical and religious themes. He was a huge anti violence disciple. Good on him I say: Don’t Forsake Me
13. I can’t resist quotes with cute animals in them, there, I said it.
14. Raise your IQ with a daily act of compassion: Song of Joy
15. E.T. , the human one points to the necessity to suffer those moments of pain in our lives, they have made us who we are.
I like the music tracks today, sometimes I am not sure about them, perhaps I should show myself more compassion.
Namaste until next time, my dear friends.
You made a huge difference for me with your willingness to visit mum every Tuesday for the many weeks when I was not able to join you both. To know that she had her regular family contact meant that I could be with Peter without worrying about our dear mother.